Explorer ST black wheels color code | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer ST black wheels color code

Phileas

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle. WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer ST 2020
I'd like to touch paint minor scratches on one 21" black wheel on my Explorer ST such as two curb rashes (and yes I am crying) but can't find the color code anywhere of these wheels. Everywhere I look it says "gloss black" but I doubt any gloss black from e.g. Dupli-Color would match, does anyone know the exact color code or matching product?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

why don't you call a wheel repair guy and have him do it? Tons of dealers have that person who touches up and fixes wheels

My experience in my area is very bad in the mobile repair category and I don’t want to get my car blocked a few days at some place far away. Also 200 bucks per wheel for 1/3 inch minor scratches no thanks. I have enough equipment and knowledge to do this nicely myself on a weekend just seeking for the proper color here before getting it measured etc. (yes call me lazy but I am in heavy covid life mode).

I'd like to touch paint minor scratches on one 21" black wheel on my Explorer ST such as two curb rashes (and yes I am crying) but can't find the color code anywhere of these wheels. Everywhere I look it says "gloss black" but I doubt any gloss black from e.g. Dupli-Color would match, does anyone know the exact color code or matching product?
Did you ever figure out the color code?

Did you ever figure out the color code?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Hopefully the member is still following the thread. He was last seen here April 2021.

Peter

Back