Explorer Supercharger Kit Coming Soon - 2002/05 4dr Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Supercharger Kit Coming Soon - 2002/05 4dr Explorer

moddbox

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Country, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
05Ranger08B400001Ranger..
A new supercharger kit for the 4.0L full-sized Explorers/Mountaineer is coming soon. It includes fuel system upgrades, plenums, bypass valve, etc... 100% complete bolt-on kit. Click here for more details: moddbox.com

EXPLORER02-05cmgSNscreen.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anything for the 4.6 V8 guys?

I know I can piece something together, but a complete kit would be nice.

[MENTION=56985]Limited02[/MENTION]

Thanks for your interest. But unfortunately there is no kit for the 4.6... yet.

It seems upsurd to me that the 4.6 modular mustangs have almost limitless chioces of superchargers to install and the 4.6 modular explorers have none. Am I the only one wondering? :scratch:

It seems upsurd to me that the 4.6 modular mustangs have almost limitless chioces of superchargers to install and the 4.6 modular explorers have none. Am I the only one wondering? :scratch:

That's why you buy the Mustang kit and do little tweaks to make it fit the Explorer. There used to be companies making them for Explorers, but they have died off.

Hey Guys,
I am new to this program, I've had my 02 limited for 5 yrs and just did the air box mod last yr. I never these Exs could be upgraded. I would like to know what does a Supercharger do?

Any word on the price, components list, and date this will be available?

Price & More Info

Thanks for your interest in Moddbox!

The basic kit includes EVERYTHING you need for this install (includes everything in the below picture with some variation to the hoses/wires and the intake heat shield and filter will include parts to utilize the stock airbox). The installation kit will MSRP around $2500 USD. The supercharger is about another $800-900USD and comes with a warranty. That being said, the kit will often go on sale. We will be grand opening the product at $2000 USD by the end of February!!

Ranger Kit Photo (explorer kit photo coming soon):
FINAL-W-SUPERCHARGER-750.jpg

This is a picture of our test truck running the 3.5-4 psi boost setup (sorry for the grainy photo... also note the intake hose an other components will change). The truck shown does an impressive +50hp & +51hp over stock and you really notice it when you are towing etc.
Explorer2002-750.jpg

We are still testing the product and preparing the necessary parts to make it 100% compatible to the Explorer. The install/components will be very similar to this "how to" post for the Earlier Explorer Sport Tracs and Rangers shown here:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3253625

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Thanks for the post! (even though i probably should have just gone to your website, sorry) I am glad someone finally made a full kit and I will hopefully be ordering one soon!

2000 is a little steep for what I could justify putting into it but for 50/50 only bolting on parts you can't beat it. What is the reliability like blown though?

Thanks for your comments. We think the price for 50hp & 50lbft is pretty unbeatable too :)
[MENTION=210899]Explorer0204[/MENTION]
As for your question about reliability, we have conducted a grueling variation of load tests. Most of these tests were conducted on the Coquahalla Hwy in British Columbia where there is a ~30km hillclimb (Discovery Channel's "Highway Through Hell"). In addition, we have put 25000 hard kms on our first test truck prior to installing it on about a dozen other vehicles. To date, the product has been proven to be durable and reliable.

Thanks for your comments. We think the price for 50hp & 50lbft is pretty unbeatable too :)
[MENTION=210899]Explorer0204[/MENTION]
As for your question about reliability, we have conducted a grueling variation of load tests. Most of these tests were conducted on the Coquahalla Hwy in British Columbia where there is a ~30km hillclimb (Discovery Channel's "Highway Through Hell"). In addition, we have put 25000 hard kms on our first test truck prior to installing it on about a dozen other vehicles. To date, the product has been proven to be durable and reliable.

Very cool! Now if only I can find 2k spare dollars lying around...

For a limited time, receive free shipping on all Moddbox orders of $299 or more. Visit our website :)

For those wondering I have this kit on my 2003 Ranger and with the charger, it keeps up with my 4.6 explorer and the torque is awesome!

IMG_2268_zps8e8aea01.jpg

IMG_2332_zpscbe9a758.jpg

IMG_2269_zps61e1088b.jpg

Back