• Register Today It's free!

Explorer suspension

Extendedcab

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 explorer xlt 5.0
i need help could i use ford ranger suspension parts on my 2000 ford explorer 2wd i was planning on lifting I tightened the torsion key sits high has a squat doesn’t look bad at all but it rides like **** and it doesnt feel safe anymore i feel like itll flip easily heard a few stories on that upon buying it haha. So im lowering it now. Any ideas on a good kit ive heard the 98-11 rangers have torsion suspension would fit mine so if i get a kit for a ranger would it work?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I put Ranger lift springs in the back, and new indexing keys in the T-bars.

Mine rides smooth and goes around corners almost as well as my 93 Mustang.

How did the springs effect ride height?

With the new springs, with the long add-a-leaf I got about 2" then the Warrior's put me at a net gain of 4".

I got 2 1/2 from the new indexing keys. After I put the new keys in, I had to actually back them off, giving a very not harsh ride in the front.

Thanks for the info but you think i could use the front suspension components from a ranger?

Thanks for the info but you think i could use the front suspension components from a ranger?

I used spindles off a 2001 ranger edge on my 1998 expo. So yes you could.

My 2wd 1998 xlt lift spindles and SOA project
That's the write up I did

I used spindles off a 2001 ranger edge on my 1998 expo. So yes you could.
Thanks bud good to know i was plannin on lifting it but now im thinking of lowering it just so it be easie for my wife to get in and out of once the baby is here.

I’ve had both. I liked it lowered. I did it cheap though with 2” blocks in the rear and a TT.

Back