Explorer Vs. Lincoln Town Car | Page 3 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Explorer Vs. Lincoln Town Car

maresca

Reaction score
City, State
Voorhees, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Sport
yeah the rear seats are hurting

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
No fault works much the same way as shared fault though, each of you would be responsible for the repair of your vehicle there just wouldn't be any fault assigned. In a state with shared fault it would be the same way, you just each would have an at fault accident on your record.

maresca

Reaction score
City, State
Voorhees, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Sport
i got the police report back and it didnt say who was at fault. but by the way it was worded it sounded like her fault. my insurance agent said something about shared fault yesterday. i didnt want to take this to court, but if there is the slightest blame on my part i will. ahh i hate this process...

old mechanic

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
R.I.
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 xlt
My son did the same as you. He lost the case because he was passing on the right when he hit the car. Can't pass on the right here but I don't know about NJ.
Glad everyones OK.

izackary

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 Mazdaspeed6 GT
"My daddy told me 'Son, you're gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop driving that hot rod Lincoln.'" :D

Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
Yeah I was afraid of that.

If the police report is unclear my guess is her insurance isn't gonna pay. You'll have to have your insurance pay and they'll have to sue her and her carrier. Gonna be messy.

In all honesty though, that doesn't look 100% her fault to me though. When you're driving down a line of stopped cars like that with driveways on your side you need to be cautious expecting just that very thing to happen. I think you're SOL here.

Premier

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 sport
To help with your rising insurance rates, I will donate a small portion for those mirrors :)

Blee1099

Evil Asian
Moderator Emeritus
EF Vendor
Reaction score
City, State
Elkridge, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 4Runner, 22 Silverado
Hate to tell you this but based on the age of the truck and the damage, its gonna be a total loss. Mine didn't look that bad and it was considered a total loss. I would have someone look at it who is the auto body field and decide whether or not it worth trying to fix. Looks like there is some frame damage from the frontal impact and maybe from the rear seats. Those seats shouldn't spread like that.

izackary

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 Mazdaspeed6 GT
i thought the rear seat damage is from the sub box hitting it?

Blee1099

Evil Asian
Moderator Emeritus
EF Vendor
Reaction score
City, State
Elkridge, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 4Runner, 22 Silverado
Yeah forgot about that. The damage and age can easily result in a total. Most insurance agencies consider a total loss at 75% of value. Depending on age, mileage, and condition.