bigred4x4

Off-road enthusiast
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
chesapeake virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 xlt 4x4
I'm sure you've noticed the "Jeep wave" as in they wave to each other on the road, stock, modified, it doesn't matter, so how about an explorer wave? Jeep has monopolized the offroad community every thing is Jeep from "Jeep trail" being the official name of some routes on a map to the Jeep wave ,after market support ,events, camps,jamborees, and everything in between seems to be a little vehicular racist if you ask me lol. So VOTE ON "EXPLORER's"!! ( Could be the new contrast to "jeepers' in our community eh? Haha)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I said "No" only because I'd be waving at other Explorers all day long. I would end up with a sore arm, a bad mood and another medical bill.

Hmm you have a point I forgot to take into account the newer generations of explorers there is 5th gens everywhere but there are probably just as many jk Jeep's in the area I'm at and when I ride in my buddies jk it does get kinda silly.

If only Ford would actually produce an SUV that would not only compete with but completely out perform a jk in stock configuration I'm a little bummed that the new bronco (2020) is rumored to stick to its original Roots and be designed for offroad but probably will not have a solid front axle. Pretty much another fj cruiser. And why don't they market the troller or the most current ranger in the states? the Wrangler sits all alone on its pedestal just waiting to be out done the way I see it if you want a kushy ride and have the car practically drive it's self over a small obstacle while the selling feature was the fact that you can get on Facebook through your rebadged mini van then you aren't a off road enthusiast the bronco should blow current vehicles out of the water not appeal to soccer mom's they already have practically every other vehicle designed for there needs available ford needs to make a comeback in the offroad community and the raptor is just to single goal oriented.i read on here yesterday that ford researchers we're following this site and maybe design explorers to be more capable until the fire stone fiasco.....:rant:sorry guys I work by myself all day so sometimes I use this forum to vent.

I was at carova beach today 4 wheeling and I passed super cool highly modified lifted expedition with a raptor trim kit and...... The dude gave me the smile and the "i like your explorer rig too " kind of wave... Kinda felt cool not going to lie so maybe the wave should be reserved only for the decked out trail rigs. It won't happen I know but it was cool to have a guy with a truck that sweet give me the recognition of job well done too. But stock wranglers waving to each other all day is kinda stupid. So a universal explorer wave makes no sense either.

i'm with bigred4x4 we have all the cush we need from ford now we need a real 4x4. hopefully the new bronco will be it solid axles front and rear optional lockers two or three speed transfer with a range box plus low.
roscoe

Maybe Rick and the rest of the admin can talk some sense into them.haha And really I'm only saying solid axle so we could be on par if not better than the Jeep Wrangler if they designed it to be, but if they go with IFS there's already a huge four-wheel drive off-road ifs mark it out there today that you can buy brand new Jeep Wrangler stands alone with a solid front axle that would be the main point to put it in there even though An ifs truck can be very capable I would like Ford to send Jeep the finger LOL nothing against Jeeps I just wish we had more options on today's market.

If I were to talk to anybody I know and ask them what their favorite Bronco is they would say the early Bronco the small ones with the V8 and the solid front axle that's what I would like to see them come out with something like that but brand new and even more bad @ss

Back in 1999 Ford Engineers told us they were interested in building a "Jeep Eater". They sent teams of engineers with us on three of our offroad events and surveyed the participants asking what they would like to see in an offroad capable Ford. 18+ years later it will definitely be interesting to see what they finally came up with.

http://www.explorer4x4.com/co_fallrun.html

http://www.explorer4x4.com/thaven_report.html

http://www.explorer4x4.com/moab_report.html

It would be a very nice gesture if Ford would invite "Serious Explorations" to join them for another event once they bring the new Bronco to market.

BTW, I voted yes, but only to "built" Explorers. ,.......:wave::jp:

Back