Explorer with 5R55E problem in Iceland. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer with 5R55E problem in Iceland.

snatityson

Reaction score
City, State
Sandgerdi
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer ´98 XLT
Hi hi
I have a Explorer 1998 with 5r55e tranny. The problem is that the O/D light starts flashing and the tranny starts to shifts hard from 1to 2, 2 to 3 and 3 to 4 but do not shifts to 5th gear. The R works fine. But if I disconnect the battery for sort time and connect it again (reset the computer) the tranny works fine for few days but then starts again with the same problem. I did take the car to Ford workshop to read from the computer in the car. I did not see it but they told me it was somthing in the "clutch converter"???? I hope some one can help me here and if some one here can tell me where I can find a electrical drawings for the solenoid valves so I can measure the resistance in them with out open the tranny.:)

Best regards Helgi from Iceland

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the transmissions section. What was the code number? Check the sticky thread on the top of this section called the 5R55E valve body rebuild diary for more information.

Back