Explorer XLT 2008 shuts down at Signal or LOW RPM!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer XLT 2008 shuts down at Signal or LOW RPM!!!

M.Rehan

Reaction score
City, State
Doha
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer, 2008, XLT 4x4
Hi from Qatar
I have 2008 Ford Explorer XLT, since last two months my car is shutting down at signals, albeit intermittently and only happens when car has reached standard temperature. The problem started from nowhere. I am driving my car with CEL for last 3-yeras now, therefore I do not give too much attention to the codes system is throwing but I do not like this happening while I am driving with my Family. Last time when I read the codes following were found.P0135, P0141, P0155, P0161.
Car is with mechanic and he is still unable to figure out what is causing car to shutdown. It is sudden and only happens when car has reached optimum temperature.
I have read related threads on ExplorerForum but since I am outside US and seek advise considering that and believe me we do not have good American cars mechanics here.
I forgot to mention that after stalling car starts immediately within one or two ignitions.
Rehan

Your o2 sensors are all dead so I would expect a blown fuse or disconnected wire harness.

I also would expect drive ability issues. Your mechanic should not ignore the check engine light.

Thank You Jon,
Update from the Mechanic, he cannot find the reason behind stalling/shutting down and recommended me to take it to the Ford service center, which I do not want as they charge 750QAR(200$) as checking fee. I want to try my luck before going to them.
Is there any specific fuse or wire harness I should check??
Last time when I took my car to the mechanic with the complain of leaking coolant, he informed me that he will disable the heater as coolant by-pass was leaking.

Back