ExplorerDMB00's 2000 XLT (7" Lift w/ 33" SSRs) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ExplorerDMB00's 2000 XLT (7" Lift w/ 33" SSRs)

I just realized that I haven't put my Explorer on here. Well This is what has happened so far:

Lift:

-4" Trailmaster FB120 (Ranger Kit) w/ Superlift 4" Springs In The Rear.
-3" Performance Accessories Body Lift (Kit #883)

Drivetrain:

-5R55E AOD Trans
-4.56:1 Gear Ratio
-Ford Racing Limited Slip

Tire and Wheels:

-33x12.50xR15 Interco Super Swamper Radials (SSRs)
-15x8 American Racing Diamond Backs

Other Mods:

-5% Tint in Rear; 15% on Driver and Passenger Windows
-Blue L.E.D. Underbodies
-Generation II Reverse Glow Gauges
-AUTOPAGE Remote Start/Keyless Entry/Alarm with LCD Pager/Remote
-EuroDesignz Xenon H1 Foglights
-EuroDesignz Xenon 9007 Headlights
-Billet Grill
-8.8" Chrome Differential Cover
-Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust

I am currently 18 and a aspiring automotive technican. I am employeed at a local repair shop (#1 rated in the Richmond area for about 5 years now) and I have enjoyed working there. I plan on attending a automotive tech school starting in fall of 2005. I have done just about everything to my truck myself (with a few assisting hands from co-workers and most of the electrical stuff was done by my friend at his shop *discounts*) and I believe full-heartedly that if you work on your truck yourself, you will have more respect for yourself and enjoy your vehicle much more! I have learned a lot through working on my Explorer. My home is in Mechanicsville, Virginia (15 minutes from Richmond) and it is a nice suburban area. I do not like the city AT ALL! My truck should be in Februarys or Marchs issue of 4wheelparts magazine Off-Road Adventures in the Before&After section. I will hopefully have more information soon. Enjoy the pictures and this is what I plan on doing soon:

Engine Performance Mods, rerouting exhaust (very soon), rerouting front drivetrain for a d.c. yoke slip joint driveshaft, traveling tires (most likely BFGoodrich A/Ts with black rock crawler wheels).

Pictures:

Before

464729_18_full.jpg

After

464729_86_full.jpg

464729_88_full.jpg

I have a website on cardomain which is on my signature! There are a lot of pictures there. And I just want to say thank you to this forum - I wouldn't have this without this website! Thanks!

-Drew

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Badass!

This is one of my favourite X's. I hope to model mine on this soon :D :thumbsup:

UK Explorer said:
This is one of my favourite X's. I hope to model mine on this soon :D :thumbsup:

That is possibly just about the best compliment I have ever received. Thank you!

no problem, I have had the link to your car domain site for sometime :D

Can you tell me, how do you find it rides compared to stock, and how easy is it to get into - I have family !

Still gonna do it though, looking into getting a Superlift shipped over now :D

UK Explorer said:
no problem, I have had the link to your car domain site for sometime :D

Can you tell me, how do you find it rides compared to stock, and how easy is it to get into - I have family !

Still gonna do it though, looking into getting a Superlift shipped over now :D

It rides more like a super duty (F-250, F-350), but that is probably cause of the tires. If I would of had just the all-terrains or something I bet it'd be a lot smoother. It is a little jumpy in the rear; if you go over a bump at slow speed, you defilently go up and down. I might change the springs or possibly the shocks. Getting into isn't bad - if you are doing just the suspension lift I wouldn't see much problem there. Thanks again for the nice words. If you have anymore quesitons I'll try to help out in any way.

-Drew

Sounds good :thumbsup:

I was thinking of doing a bodylift like yours as well, although wondering about a 2" BL. Do you think 33's would still fit ?....been looking at 33x12.50x15 on Mickey Thomson Classic II 15x10" wheels.

Probably not with those 15x10s. But it is still possible. I just don't know if you will rub or not. I would go ahead and get the 3" body lift. Why let an inch get away? I believe those 33s measure out to about 32.7 - so you might be alright. I would go with 8 inch wheels though. Good luck. Pictures Pictures Pictures! ha

-Drew

Your right, why waste an inch - just trying to be sensible for a minute and remember it wil be a family car, I'll stop that now ;) :p

The Micky thomson classic II's at the moment are the only wheels i can get from any UK supplier !!...and they can only do 15x10. We dont get many options over here. If i manage to do the same lift as you over here I think it will be a first :thumbsup: :D

I am sure it will be a first. Good luck on the build. It's a great expierence.

-Drew

I will keep an eye on your X with interest, any big plans coming up ?

Where were the 4.56's purchased? Price?

gears were purchased from Jegs or Randys Ring&Pinion. 8.8 run aroud $200 and the 35IFS runs around $150 i believe.

-Drew

UK Explorer said:
I will keep an eye on your X with interest, any big plans coming up ?

I plan on redoing my driveline from the transfer case to the front diff so my driveshaft will be a slip joint and will run a u-joint (Double Cardan Yoke on one end with a single u joint on the other) so I can get rid of the cv-joint style driveshaft. There is an adapter and driveshaft in my garage - just have to get it shortend - but right now I'm doing maitnance stuff. Tune up, coolant flush, etc!

-Drew

your truck looks awesome :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

where did you get that billet grille? i am looking for one like that.

mcG said:
where did you get that billet grille? i am looking for one like that.

Easily e-bayed it! There are two kinds: one is with a lot of bars when there is another one with just a few. I believe the one with a lot of bars is better looking than the like 10 bar one. Just cleaner. Only bad side is that the fewer bar one is cheaper - good luck.

-Drew

Yet again - Brilliant :thumbsup:

Hey UK - I just looked at your black explorer, that thing is nice. It is extremely odd to see the steering wheel there! Is everything flopped? Gas on the left instead of the right? I saw the e-brake handle, thats odd as well. Oh well - looks very nice and I hope you stay happy with this explorer as much as your last one.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

-Drew

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Everything is the same as far as I can see, just the Steering rack and handbrake are different. Obviously all the inside is round the right way as well ;)

I am am having real trouble at the moment trying to find anywhere over there that will ship the Superlift to me :mad:

Back