• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

ExplorerForum DVD

leebo

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mingo Junction, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Sport
I'd like to start this new thread to get some help from the members for this next project. More information will come once I get more about it.

High Quality
http://www.explorerforum.com/files/1246/ExplorerForum DVD.mpg

Medium Quality(Divx Codec or player required)
http://www.explorerforum.com/files/1246/ExplorerForum DVD.divx

Low Quality
http://www.explorerforum.com/files/1246/ExplorerForum DVD.mov

I need any feedback or video you can help me with. I'd like to add some new material to this project, however without your help I'm not sure what I'll be able to make of it.

Thank you,
Lee

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

'97 V8

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
ft. knox ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 mounty 5.0 4x4 baby!!
oh nice, that would definatly be a cool thing to do. Hell, i'll even pay up front for one. When is the deadline to submit videos of our trucks?

leebo

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mingo Junction, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Sport
As of right now, I really don't have a deadline. I've got a few other projects that's due first before I start this one. I'm thinking of taking some video's that Stic-o has done, plus some I've done and but them on the DVD. I'd like to add some new stuff as well though so it's not the same crud, just on a TV. Once I get more of a time frame I'll post it, but till them post away.

'97 V8

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
ft. knox ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 mounty 5.0 4x4 baby!!
All my videos are on hard drive that crashed so i'll be taking new ones when get home late april. Hopefully tat won't be too late.

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
This sounds awesome -- hopefully ill be able to take some vids soon.

But I was just thinking, DVD-video typically has a res of 720×480. I know the videos I currently have are not that high in res :(

leebo

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mingo Junction, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Sport
As of right now, it's looking like around the start of May before I can really get this off the ground. My wife is due with our first child in April, so between a few other deadlines and that I'll be tied up for some time. Whenever you get them, go ahead and email me. If I don't use them for this video, I'm sure I'll use them in the future.

IZwack, Most of my video is 720x480 or higher. To make it look the best ya I shouldn't stretch it any, however I often do for the video's for the site. Depending on how much you've got I could just leave it at a smaller setting and insert an animation over top of the video, just like I did on this one. Upload what you've got, and I'll sort through it and weed out the trash. :D

leebo

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mingo Junction, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Sport
I find it hard to believe that there's nobody out there with links to some video with them. I received a copy of a paragon run from Jeff Draper, but other than that nothing. I'll take any video at the point, just post anything you've got. :D

Positive Vibes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Santa Cruz, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
I have a ton of videos, I need to copy them on a VHS tape or something.

leebo

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mingo Junction, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Sport
What format are they in now?

Positive Vibes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Santa Cruz, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT

leebo

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mingo Junction, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Sport
Ok all.....I'm not sure if I'll have enough to put together an entire DVD worth of video, however I would like to still do a new music video for the site. Once the Moab group returns and starts to upload their video I'll start....so now's your chance to post up!

Positive Vibes...sorry I didn't return your answer. My fault. If I'm guessing you've got MiniDV tapes. If so you could just make a copy of those and mail them to me. If that's too much, just plug your camera into the computer and copy the video onto your computer making clips of the video, then email me the best ones. The other format you may have are 8mm or HI8 tapes. These will be needed to put onto VHS, however at this time I have no way to easily put these onto my computer.

SVO

Moderator Emeritus/Doctor
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Bastrop/Austin, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
Turbocharged Navajo LX
Lee,

I have some footage but it's in DVD format, if you can use that I can mail you a copy.

Jeff - :navajo:

leebo

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mingo Junction, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Sport
PM sent Jeff,

Thanks, I'm starting to get enough video to get this going!

leebo

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mingo Junction, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Sport
I am not a professional like you but if you need any help i will offer whatever you need.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! I'm not sure at this point what is going to come of this though. Just not sure if I'll have enough to warrant a DVD. I do know though I'll have enough for a longer video like last years. I know at this point the rendering is going to kill me! Just the title animation alone in the tease posted below took over 10 hours to render!
s6.gif

ExplorerForum Tease

Burns

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pulaski, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer/2002 F-250
Well Like i said i dont care to help. I know it is a lot of work to do something like this. I have found that out the hard way.

Very Nice. I like the Tease Video.

I have been thinking about buying a few things to play with on Vegas. Not sure yet. There pretty expensive just to play with. Ha ha.

Edit: I just downloaded the High Quality video from the first post and that is just great. You are truely the man.

And oh crap. I forgot your letter. I will for sure get that out this week. My Bad.

ExplorerJimbo

Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Explorer XLT
i cant wait to see a finished product! where can i see last years video?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

JTX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
I have tons of video, ill get the camera out and upload it all. I can put it on a ftp for you also.