ExplorerForum vendor needs your voice! (1991-1994 Explorer) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ExplorerForum vendor needs your voice! (1991-1994 Explorer)

Gilbert G. Jr.

Reaction score
City, State
Costa Mesa CA.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Give us an example of what types of parts you can carry. Engine parts? OEM interior pieces? or just cleaning and maintenance supplies

Regular maintenance items like spark plugs and wires would be good. Sensors and other electronic things like the coil pack would be good as well. Power steering hoses & pumps, cooling fans & clutches. Really, just anything that would be good to replace on a 20+ year old vehicle.

Give us an example of what types of parts you can carry. Engine parts? OEM interior pieces? or just cleaning and maintenance supplies

Interior bits would be awesome. I can get cleaning and maintenance stuff at autozone. It's the little interior things always getting broken that you can never find.

The range is from engine, drivetrain, suspension, etc. We are looking into finding a source for actual interior pieces.

Our objective is creating a store that allows us to ship parts to you without the need to driving to find them.

Thank you for the response!

Awesome feedback!

We have maintenance parts coming in for stock. Sensors and ignition items will also be in stock soon. Steering components and the cooling parts you listed will be noted. This is the feedback we need!

Thank you for taking the time!

Regular maintenance items like spark plugs and wires would be good. Sensors and other electronic things like the coil pack would be good as well. Power steering hoses & pumps, cooling fans & clutches. Really, just anything that would be good to replace on a 20+ year old vehicle.

We are going to look into interior parts for stock. Thank you for the good feedback!

Question, what would you say is the breaking point where you would shop online instead of going to Autozone? Any feedback on this would help as we are trying to make parts shopping easier for the enthusiast that works Monday-Friday. Thanks again!

Interior bits would be awesome. I can get cleaning and maintenance stuff at autozone. It's the little interior things always getting broken that you can never find.

We are going to look into interior parts for stock. Thank you for the good feedback!

Question, what would you say is the breaking point where you would shop online instead of going to Autozone? Any feedback on this would help as we are trying to make parts shopping easier for the enthusiast that works Monday-Friday. Thanks again!

A lower price is about it, and a selection of better quality cleaners would be nice. Although personally I'm not so picky anymore since I quit detailing.

As far as price, we are trying to stay below or equal to Autozone and Walmart with free shipping. We currently carry the basics express items from Meguiar's and Turtle Wax along with wash supplies by Carrand.

I'm the same now also, I have someone do a good wax for me and then maintain it with spray wax. I call it, "Supporting small business and laziness". :D

A lower price is about it, and a selection of better quality cleaners would be nice. Although personally I'm not so picky anymore since I quit detailing.

NO Dorman products! Now that that's out of the way.... .

Category: 91'-94' Explorer.

Fuel pumps (Bosch, Airtex, Carter) yep, filters to (may as well throw in the release tool)

FPR

ICM

PCM

DPFE: EGR 151 (stock) and EGR 155 with conversion pigtail (modification to fix condensation issue with EGR 151)

Coil

CPS (Cam Synchronizer)

Automatic locking hub eliminator kit = Dana 44 axle nut set.

Extended brake hoses

Warn 29071 manual hubs

New or re-curved rear leaf spring packs.

OEM style rear-mount fog lights.

Power door lock actuators.

Power window motor bushing kit.

Rear window cable type regulators.

Door handles and associated internal clips and bits.

Switches: Head light, power window, PDL, Seat, 4x4 select, power mirror

Multifunction switch (very popular!)

Transfer case shift motor & pigtail. BW1354

Vehicle speed sensor.

Speedo cable

Throttle cable

Shift cable

Kick down cable.

A4LD Transmission governor and vacuum modulator.

Air inlet tube.

Dana 35 bushings/ ball joints.

Front wheel bearings of the highest quality only. Timken, TRW

Interior pieces of various colors, front end stuff, brake parts, replacement body panels (think rust repair), switches, wire harnesses and connectors, battery cables (OE, not the "make this random length of cable work" type).

Continued:

Cruise control amp.

A4LD shift solenoids.

Cats & cat-back exhaust.

Clutch everything for the M50D manual trans guys.

Shift tower kit for M50D.

OE tail lights.

Gaskets: Engine all, (two piece lower intake please)

Cylinder Heads (New casting 95TM)

Rocker assemblies.

Catching breath here.. .. ..:(

BW 1354e transfer case shift limit stop bushing.

Door strikes.

Lift gate hinges and gas struts.

Door whether stripping.

And a partridge in a pare tree.. ... .:D

If you dig in and research this site you will find modifications that use OE parts not listed for the Explorer. For example F-250 spring buckets and f-150 coils.

Just for starters... .. ..:eek:

Weatherstripping I can see being a good item since AFAIK, junkyards are the only option for many of us at this point.

Interior pieces seem to be popular. This is a category that we will focus on and find a supplier. Thank you for the input! I'm the same when it comes to fitment, it needs to be OE or OE style. We are purposely avoiding universal fitment parts.

Thanks!

Interior pieces of various colors, front end stuff, brake parts, replacement body panels (think rust repair), switches, wire harnesses and connectors, battery cables (OE, not the "make this random length of cable work" type).

Awesome input! :chug:

Thank you for taking the time to list out parts. You and everyone else have been helpful. We look forward to being a service to the online community! :thumbsup:

Continued:

Cruise control amp.

A4LD shift solenoids.

Cats & cat-back exhaust.

Clutch everything for the M50D manual trans guys.

Shift tower kit for M50D.

OE tail lights.

Gaskets: Engine all, (two piece lower intake please)

Cylinder Heads (New casting 95TM)

Rocker assemblies.

Catching breath here.. .. ..:(

BW 1354e transfer case shift limit stop bushing.

Door strikes.

Lift gate hinges and gas struts.

Door whether stripping.

And a partridge in a pare tree.. ... .:D

If you dig in and research this site you will find modifications that use OE parts not listed for the Explorer. For example F-250 spring buckets and f-150 coils.

Just for starters... .. ..:eek:

NO Dorman products! Now that that's out of the way.... .

Category: 91'-94' Explorer.

Fuel pumps (Bosch, Airtex, Carter) yep, filters to (may as well throw in the release tool)

FPR

ICM

PCM

DPFE: EGR 151 (stock) and EGR 155 with conversion pigtail (modification to fix condensation issue with EGR 151)

Coil

CPS (Cam Synchronizer)

Automatic locking hub eliminator kit = Dana 44 axle nut set.

Extended brake hoses

Warn 29071 manual hubs

New or re-curved rear leaf spring packs.

OEM style rear-mount fog lights.

Power door lock actuators.

Power window motor bushing kit.

Rear window cable type regulators.

Door handles and associated internal clips and bits.

Switches: Head light, power window, PDL, Seat, 4x4 select, power mirror

Multifunction switch (very popular!)

Transfer case shift motor & pigtail. BW1354

Vehicle speed sensor.

Speedo cable

Throttle cable

Shift cable

Kick down cable.

A4LD Transmission governor and vacuum modulator.

Air inlet tube.

Dana 35 bushings/ ball joints.

Front wheel bearings of the highest quality only. Timken, TRW

Good call on this. Restoration is an important category! :thumbsup:

Thank you for the input!

Weatherstripping I can see being a good item since AFAIK, junkyards are the only option for many of us at this point.

Autozone is really not that cheap I find same parts even Motorcraft on ebay for less. For me Autozone is for emergency when you need that part today. I buy my oil, filters spark plugs, additives and cleaning supplies from Autozone. Otherwise I do most of my parts shopping on ebay. I find a lot of NOS Motorcraft sensors and other NOS parts for super cheap prices if you know how to search for them. But if you can source out suppliers for NOS OEM interior pieces or aftermarket that be something I think all of us would be interested in.

Noted! Thanks for the input.

Hopefully if you are busy during the week we can save you the trip to Autozone and have it shipped to you. :D

Autozone is really not that cheap I find same parts even Motorcraft on ebay for less. For me Autozone is for emergency when you need that part today. I buy my oil, filters spark plugs, additives and cleaning supplies from Autozone. Otherwise I do most of my parts shopping on ebay. I find a lot of NOS Motorcraft sensors and other NOS parts for super cheap prices if you know how to search for them. But if you can source out suppliers for NOS OEM interior pieces or aftermarket that be something I think all of us would be interested in.

Carter or Bosch Fuel Pumps?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Carter or Bosch Fuel Pumps?

Bosch is a more well known name, for your sake it'd probably be a better option if you're only selling one brand. But I think carter is better

Back