ExplorerForum vendor needs your voice! (1991-1994 Explorer) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ExplorerForum vendor needs your voice! (1991-1994 Explorer)

Carter or Bosch Fuel Pumps?

Fuel pump replacement is a tough job on these trucks go'n cheap is really not an option for this item.

I have heard good feedback on the Delphi and Denso though..

These four brands are the only decent brands that sell the entire assembly the rest are garbage.

Me personally, I converted mine to an external pump. (Easy off-road swap.)

To do the conversion I bought a new complete Bosch assy, removed the pump and replace it with a screen pick-up tube and got an Edelbrock air cooled external pump with the appropriate pressure rating.

A lot of guys cut a hole in the floor pan to gain trail access to the top of the tank. In tank pumps are for street cars not trail trucks, in my opinion.

Most daily drivers that are bone stock are gonna want the entire assembly not just the pump. By the time the factory pump fails they are rusted out and unserviceable unless you get the entire unit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lots of people upgrading bulbs to LED as they get better and cheaper all the time, but trying to track them down and find exactly which LED is best for each application is tough.

One problem is that some vendors just go for brightness or fancy colors but some of us just want usable light. Offer all Explorer bulbs in both cool and warm LED options.

Speaking of eBay, there are many items I can buy without any shipping to Alaska only to see that others go the other way and refuse to ship. It took me a week before tracking down a taillight lens that had free shipping and I'm still trying to pick a vendor for my drivers/passenger heated mirrors.

Good intel!

Fuel pump replacement is a tough job on these trucks go'n cheap is really not an option for this item.

I have heard good feedback on the Delphi and Denso though..

These four brands are the only decent brands that sell the entire assembly the rest are garbage.

Me personally, I converted mine to an external pump. (Easy off-road swap.)

To do the conversion I bought a new complete Bosch assy, removed the pump and replace it with a screen pick-up tube and got an Edelbrock air cooled external pump with the appropriate pressure rating.

A lot of guys cut a hole in the floor pan to gain trail access to the top of the tank. In tank pumps are for street cars not trail trucks, in my opinion.

Most daily drivers that are bone stock are gonna want the entire assembly not just the pump. By the time the factory pump fails they are rusted out and unserviceable unless you get the entire unit.

This will be noted. Funny thing is that two bulbs in my instrument cluster went out. So bulbs are on the radar.

We offer free shipping as the base and faster services at the consumers expense.

Hopefully we can become a good service for you in the future!

Lots of people upgrading bulbs to LED as they get better and cheaper all the time, but trying to track them down and find exactly which LED is best for each application is tough.

One problem is that some vendors just go for brightness or fancy colors but some of us just want usable light. Offer all Explorer bulbs in both cool and warm LED options.

Speaking of eBay, there are many items I can buy without any shipping to Alaska only to see that others go the other way and refuse to ship. It took me a week before tracking down a taillight lens that had free shipping and I'm still trying to pick a vendor for my drivers/passenger heated mirrors.

whenever i see free shipping, it tempts me to buy over anyone else. also, the links from the forum members for parts are here because they're quality parts they have done research for. so quality parts with reasonable price is another good point.

Awesome feedback. Our whole site is currently free shipping and we verify pricing on a scheduled bases to make sure we are the best price!

whenever i see free shipping, it tempts me to buy over anyone else. also, the links from the forum members for parts are here because they're quality parts they have done research for. so quality parts with reasonable price is another good point.

Looking good :)

headlight switch w/electrochromatic mirrors!!!

Are you speaking of the standard headlight switch on the dash and the electronic mirror control on the door?

Thanks for the feedback!

:thumbsup:

headlight switch w/electrochromatic mirrors!!!

No, im speaking of the headlight switch itself. ford made two versions, one was just the "standard" one plug version, and the other was a two plug that was install in vehicles that came equipped with an automatic tinting rear view mirror(electrochromatic mirror). the standard switch is easy to find, but the other is near impossible.

Would you so happen to have a part number or model/year/edition? We are intrigued to find this part also.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

No, im speaking of the headlight switch itself. ford made two versions, one was just the "standard" one plug version, and the other was a two plug that was install in vehicles that came equipped with an automatic tinting rear view mirror(electrochromatic mirror). the standard switch is easy to find, but the other is near impossible.

The closest thing i have ever to a part number was from the dealer, that number is "SW-2421", a quick google search of that number brings up something that is nowhere close.this switch was standard equipment in the '93-'94 explorer limited and optional in the xl, and xlt of the same years.

We are still looking for this part! Talk about ultra limited!!

The closest thing i have ever to a part number was from the dealer, that number is "SW-2421", a quick google search of that number brings up something that is nowhere close.this switch was standard equipment in the '93-'94 explorer limited and optional in the xl, and xlt of the same years.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bumping up for more suggestions:chug:

Back