• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

ExplorerForum vendor needs your voice! (1995-2001 Explorer)

J_C

Reaction score
City, State
Florence, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT 4WD 4.0L SOHC
I know it probably gets annoying to keep reading it but the website is malfunctional when it takes over a minute to load that last link you posted.

It doesn't always do that. It takes over a minute the first time, then it's cached in the browser and loads fast on reloads, but a lot of people won't wait over a minute to load things the first time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Flash

Reaction score
City, State
Brisbane Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Limited
I'm guessing you're unfamiliar with 3d printing but it's not magic. Its expensive, slow for anything other than making a few parts, and has a poor surface finish.
However you can find somebody on fiver (or myself) to draw up a model of what you need and send it to shape ways to be printed.

The 3D printer can be used to make the mould for the part that can then be cast in a more suitable material.

Flash

Reaction score
City, State
Brisbane Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Limited

I didn't take long for me to open this link and I have torrents downloading.

That listing doesn't say if it's for 1 part or 2. It would be handy to mention when a part is single or in pairs.

My suggestion for stocking is headers for the V6 along with the description of the type of header; tuned length - interference type etc.

Performance and standard replacement exhaust parts.

Solutions for the saggy arse such as replacement and upgraded leaf springs, coilovers, extended brackets etc.

Front coilover kit.

Explorer specific fluids - Mercon V, lubricants etc.

HID and LED replacement lights.

Upgrade suspension parts - Polyurethane bushes, sway bars etc.

Brushbar, lightbar, bullbar. Rear outboard spare wheel carrier.

I see no problem with you carrying the common, easy to get parts alongside the harder to get stuff, you can be the one stop shop.

PM sent.

colintrax

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
The 3D printer can be used to make the mould for the part that can then be cast in a more suitable material.

Then it's no longer 3D printing, it's casting.

J_C

Reaction score
City, State
Florence, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT 4WD 4.0L SOHC
Isn't casting a pretty low strength to weight ratio? I'm wondering what parts would be best cast, though I suppose I'm not thinking out side of the box... expanding foam overlaid with fiberglass wouldn't have a low ratio.

Flash

Reaction score
City, State
Brisbane Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Limited
Then it's no longer 3D printing, it's casting.

Yes, I know.

That's just what I always thought was a good use for a 3D printer; making a mould.

Flash

Reaction score
City, State
Brisbane Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Limited
Isn't casting a pretty low strength to weight ratio? I'm wondering what parts would be best cast,

Bushes. Suspension and others.
Polyurethane comes in all sorts of hardness's.

J_C

Reaction score
City, State
Florence, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT 4WD 4.0L SOHC
^ I was assuming something harder to find, or is there a shortage of bushings?

Gilbert G. Jr.

Reaction score
City, State
Costa Mesa CA.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer XLT
All have been noted. For headers and suspension parts, what are the favored brands?

Thanks!

I didn't take long for me to open this link and I have torrents downloading.

That listing doesn't say if it's for 1 part or 2. It would be handy to mention when a part is single or in pairs.

My suggestion for stocking is headers for the V6 along with the description of the type of header; tuned length - interference type etc.

Performance and standard replacement exhaust parts.

Solutions for the saggy arse such as replacement and upgraded leaf springs, coilovers, extended brackets etc.

Front coilover kit.

Explorer specific fluids - Mercon V, lubricants etc.

HID and LED replacement lights.

Upgrade suspension parts - Polyurethane bushes, sway bars etc.

Brushbar, lightbar, bullbar. Rear outboard spare wheel carrier.

I see no problem with you carrying the common, easy to get parts alongside the harder to get stuff, you can be the one stop shop.

PM sent.

Flash

Reaction score
City, State
Brisbane Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Limited
All have been noted. For headers and suspension parts, what are the favored brands?

Thanks!

I'm in Australia, I couldn't recommend brands.

What did you think of the PM?