ExplorerII | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ExplorerII

While my explorer has served me well and is dependable, One of my favorite trails will have a width and wheelbase restriction imposed this summer, the wheelbase limit is 109” so my explorer is too long.
My plan is to take the 88 bronco2 I have and put the 4.0, suspension and axles out of my explorer in it and use a modified C5 out of a 84 B2 I have. Which will be connected to a doubler I have had sitting on my workbench for over a year.
To fit the 37” Iroks I have I plan on a 2” body lift and tub the rear and tube type front fenders, the reason for the 2” body lift is the US forest service is expected to impose a tire size limit of 35” in the near future, I can downsize to a 35” tire and remove the body lift.
More to come when I make some progress

100_1533Small.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:popcorn:

looks like a sick project!

cant wait to see it all swapped in.

what all are you going to have left from the explorer?

what all are you going to have left from the explorer?

not much, anything of any value I will remove and let the scrap man have the rest, unless you want it:D

well i mean what are we talking? like body and frame?

the body of yours actually is way sick lookin. if i can clear out some room.. i might be able to grab it :thumbsup:

Body and frame, the body is pretty hamered the frame is OK

subscribing love bII's

Got 4/10th of the 2" body lift in, most of interior stripped out, old computer and wiring removed/tagged, need to unhook the exhaust and drivelines and then I will be ready to pull the 2.9 & A4ld out.
Then the B2 will get rolled out of the shop and the X will come in and get the same treatment
100_1536Small.jpg

100_1535Small.jpg

100_1534Small.jpg

well i mean what are we talking? like body and frame?

the body of yours actually is way sick lookin. if i can clear out some room.. i might be able to grab it :thumbsup:

The hood might still be straight but everything else was modified by Douglas or Rocky:D

Criminy Joe, you work fast.:eek:

**** man you arnt messin around.. :p:

I got a C4 valve body on the way, anyone have a 2.8/C5 flexplate and spacer they want to sell?

Fate of the doors and fenders?

me :p haha. jk. i think the only thing worth anything really is the hood.. and thats goin on mine :p

Fate of the doors and fenders?

Would you like to trade?
I was planning on hacking up the front fenders and using the doors off the 84 B2 I have since they are manual windows, the doors on the 88 B2 have power windows.

I am 99.99% sure the rear glass will be removed permanetly, when the tubing/cage goes in

jr when are we going to do my cage? ;)

ahahah. well. seriously. a cage would be sick though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Criminy Joe, you work fast.:eek:

The tear down is the quickest part. When I rolled my other Ex, I had everything off of it plus some in 2 days. It's the re-assembly that takes the time.

Back