Explorers across the world - How are Explorers being used?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorers across the world - How are Explorers being used??

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
Today I received a request from a representative from one of Ford's ad agencies.

They would like to put together and present to Ford a campaign about how the Explorer has helped communities in 4 to 8 countries worldwide. They are looking for something unique, visual and exciting.

It could be delivering medicines in the Andes, or building a damn in the Himalayas on the world's worst roads. It could be ferrying sick children to a clinic in Africa or serving a scientist looking for a cure for cancer in the Amazon. The trick is, they would like to find the best, most unique situation, fly out and shoot the story for the new campaign.

If you know of any situations any where in the world, where the Ford Explorer is helping out please post your story here.

Let's help spread the word about the greatest SUV on the planet!

Thanks!:chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I dont have anything off the top of my head personally but I cant wait to see what they come up with.

...:scratch:..I want to say we have a member here who went over to maybe Cuba to do just that..He bought a first gen and was on this forum trying to learn more about his vehicle, gather parts as there were none where he was going and was going to give aid for a few years..

..Might have been serving his "Mission"..:dunno:

..I will try and find his info this week though but I'm not sure he has been able to stay in touch with the outside world..

...:scratch:..I want to say we have a member here who went over to maybe Cuba to do just that..He bought a first gen and was on this forum trying to learn more about his vehicle, gather parts as there were none where he was going and was going to give aid for a few years..

..Might have been serving his "Mission"..:dunno:

..I will try and find his info this week though but I'm not sure he has been able to stay in touch with the outside world..

I was going to say the same thing. Don't remember the members name though. That was close to a year ago i think.

this is the sort of thing I built mine to do but haven't yet had the chance to.

429da800.jpg

I built mine to be able to go to the beach, run the dunes and still be able to take a pair of skis up to the mountains that evening.

what about the insane amount used in the government. i know border patrol, forestry dept. and even the air force uses explorers

Public schools have money? I'm moving to Virginia.

I don't know how many cool things I can think of for Explorers doing around here. I mean, best I can give em is driving out into fields to work on stuff... Anyone here work for the Forestry Dept?

..Guys...I believe they are looking for individuals who are currently doing Humanitarian acts Internationally..:scratch:

..I would think these Items should be of selfless and or heroic acts abroad, not how you are working on getting your X built to haul your ski's up to the mountains..:rolleyes:

..This doesn't mean you can't jump in here and help find other Explorer owners who fit this criteria..:D

..:shifty_ey ..and no, not the ski toting criteria..:(

I used mine to take donations to a country school, but It wasn´t a hard road or anything like that

^^^ now we are getting somewhere..:D

..Do you have any pictures of this and a story that goes with it? Do you know of any other Explorers out there doing other Humanitarian acts?

I just used mine to tow a disabled Caravan off the street before it got towed... We kinda live in the ghetto and everyone is poor

Didn't someone ferry fire fighters to the top of a hill to fight a fire one time?

..I know one of our members who work for the NFS, their whole crew went off a cliff during a fire (survived) but it was in one of the NFS trucks not their Explorer...

This probably doesnt count, but... Quite alot of 1st gens. were used carrying people from all over the world thru a dinosaur park in Costa Rica...

Didn't someone ferry fire fighters to the top of a hill to fight a fire one time?

Yes, but the guys who helped out used an F-150 and a Ranger.

loscoyotes_9_02_078.jpg

loscoyotes_9_02_121.jpg

Besides, they are looking for current situations which they can go out and report on and photograph.

I'm always helping out others in need, be it the foodbank I volunteer at, towing everyone when their brokedown, moving friends and family anytime they need help, pulling stumps and hauling suppplies, equipment to rehab a city neighborhood park. I'll have to see if I actually have pictures of my lifted Explorer Sport Trac doing these things. Usually I'm to busy helping out to worry about pictures at the time.

I'm also a Truck Driver for a Recycling company here in Pittsburgh, Pa. but I use the Big Rig to do that job.

Here's a picture of my Trac at work, literally. I'll try to see if I have any of it doing any of the other things I mentioned.

picture.php

picture.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Only thing I could think of is with the Star Car Club I'm in we do charity events to help all kinds of causes. :dunno:

Back