explorers flip over too much? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

explorers flip over too much?

oregonsixteen

Reaction score
City, State
Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
Late model XLT
i just got off the phone with u-haul. they won't rent me a tow dolly to tow my compact volkwagen because "explorers flip over too much" and that u-haul has been involved with too many litigations... can you believe this crap?!

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

<

410Fortune

Truck Season!!
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
I believe!
Heck I know mine flips over every time I open the door!

<

Jbrobeck

Reaction score
City, State
Centerville, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer Monterey
410Fortune said:
I believe!
Heck I know mine flips over every time I open the door!

[Napolean] Gah... Idiot....[/Napolean]
You never went in for that recall did you? Ford will remove the excessive door weights and install training wheels, this recall is listed for all Ford Explorers, Merc Mountaineers, and Ford BII's.

Hope this helps.

Josh

<

Robb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
I saw three of them flipped over just on my way home from work today. They rollover like mad!!!

<

CodePoet

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
I fart on mine and it rolls.

Tell them you have a nava-hoe

<

<

<

<

Brian_B

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Mountain Home, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 mounty / 56 f-100
I think a round exo-skeleton made out of DOM tubing would cure the problem. When it rolls over (and they all do...right?), it would keep going and end up on its wheels again. There...problem solved. :D

Sorry. Goes back and hides again.

<

IAmTodd

4x Explorer Veteran
Reaction score
City, State
Johnstown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Jeep
OMG. I'm soo afraid to go out and open my door. Whats going to happen!? Should I post something in the 911 section. How am I going to get home???????

<

slravene

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC (Home) / Raleigh, NC (School)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
kinda funny actually....in my life ive seen 9 overturned vehicles on the highway...only ONE of them was a ford, and it was an aerostar van (or whatever they are called)...hmm top selling SUV in america....yet i have never seen one flip over (minus LimitedEx's at URE but other than that ;) )

<

Positive Vibes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Santa Cruz, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Geez, guys he just asked a simple question.

<

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
explorers roll because of driver error..... trust me, rolled mine on 2 different ocassions.... and have the pics in my gallery to prove it ;)

<

tgertz77

Reaction score
City, State
Monterey, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT 4x4
if U-Haul said that to me I would just tell them that I bet I could flip one of there stupid trucks over faster than my explorer.

Call them and ask them if they rent to aerostars, or any other older van, and if they do, ask them to quickly explain how an explorer is more roll-over prone than those huge ass box on wheels.

<

genevievemd

Reaction score
City, State
ventura, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 xlt 4x4
After i got my speeding ticket i went to traffic school , and the teacher said that absolutly no one should drive a ford explorer.. and that they should be banned from the road. and that everyone should drive a motorcycle.. i was like
" !!!!!! " ive only seen one suv tipped over and it was a mitzubishi montero. has anyone seen the episode of the simpsons , where homer has the tractor and it just randomly flipps over.. haha i think of that episode everytime i hear people taking about explorers..

<

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
are you talking about the CANYONERO?!

<

BeauJ

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
genevievemd said:
has anyone seen the episode of the simpsons , where homer has the tractor and it just randomly flipps over.. haha i think of that episode everytime i hear people taking about explorers..

Hahahahaha, I've got that one on DVD and no one thinks it's funny but me. When I've backed into parking spots before and turned the wheel, I've often tipped it on 2 wheels but never completely flipped it. Thank god.

<

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

<