Explorers in the Snow | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorers in the Snow

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have fun in the snow guys!!!!!

our first snow of the year. more to come!
P1040866.jpg

P1040867.jpg

Hell yeah I am, but it's SO hard to hear me whine about it over the sound of my V8.....

:D

well said Brian..haha well said..:thumbsup:

and Steve we get snow down in TN but I can only dream that we would ever get that much!

388858_210360482374617_100002020008812_494857_1787689453_n.jpg

Big bear about 10 inch's of snow from 2pm till this morning.

forecast said a chance on monday for some snow, i hope he's right!

Hell yeah I am, but it's SO hard to hear me whine about it over the sound of my V8.....

:D

six to one half dosen to the other

I love my 4x4, but id love a V8

forecast said a chance on monday for some snow, i hope he's right!

i was really hoping to get snow too. we got nothing in flower mound :(

just bought a snowboard off craigslist and my girl bought me a brand new pair of snowboard boots, so im hoping we get a lot of snow up in the mountains by this weekend. i cant wait, they said its going to come down up there this week. and the weather where i live about two hours from the mountains!? a typical december here, 68 degrees and sunnt without a cloud in the sky!

LONO how is your Aussie locker behaving in the snow?

hey ronin, i had to drive down the mountain during a snow storm the day i took those pics and they were awesome. ive read a lot of threads about people running lockers in snow and having trouble but i gotta say, as long as you are conscious of the lockers and how they work, they were awesome. as long as you lay off the gas during turns, they grip like hot tar. in straight lines especially going downhill, they were actually helping a lot. it was a chain requirement 2 which meant chains on unless you are 4wd with snow tires or snow tires and traction device and i made it down no problem in 2wd with no chains. just the snow tires and some lockers. as long as you dont gas it going into turns they actually do well.

hey ronin, i had to drive down the mountain during a snow storm the day i took those pics and they were awesome. ive read a lot of threads about people running lockers in snow and having trouble but i gotta say, as long as you are conscious of the lockers and how they work, they were awesome. as long as you lay off the gas during turns, they grip like hot tar. in straight lines especially going downhill, they were actually helping a lot. it was a chain requirement 2 which meant chains on unless you are 4wd with snow tires or snow tires and traction device and i made it down no problem in 2wd with no chains. just the snow tires and some lockers. as long as you dont gas it going into turns they actually do well.

That's what I had hoped LONO. Thanks for the information and I am looking forward to driving in the snow with mine now :)

its nothing special but we got some flurries last night in dallas. had a little snow on the ex this morning
IMG_2887.jpg

This was my '02 buried in the snow last winter. Ended up being a 20~ inch snow

Here's mine after a small storm (7") last winter:

7InchesCustom.jpg

Digging it out:

SnowFrontCustom.jpg

I hope to get some good pics of my Ex playing in the snow this winter.

DSCN5098.jpg

DSCN5099.jpg

DSCN5100.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back