Exploring Death Valley - Thanksgiving Weekend | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Exploring Death Valley - Thanksgiving Weekend

Ken Cooke

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Riverside, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Rubicon - Tomb Raider
I will be exploring Death Valley with a small group of other 4x4's this Thanksgiving holiday. We plan to depart
from Panamint Springs to Eureka Sand Dunes, Panamint Springs, Lipencott Mine Road, Saline Valley Road, etc.
This will be leisurely trip with experienced 4x4 drivers driving all makes and models of rigs. Let me know if
anyone is interested in checking this park out. Suzanne and I will be dry camping, but lodging may still be available.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was thinking about doing the exact same thing!

Was this the one posted to the 4x4offroad mailing list?

I haven't talked to anyone yet about it, becuase I'm traveling (alanta this week, miami next week)

OK, I'm jealous! If I was in California over Thanksgiving, I would join you folks.

Hey Tom,

If you have any time on your trip to Atlanta this week, look me up. I know plenty of places that serve cold beer - and you can help put my new rear end together!!!!!!

This trip might have been posted on another site without my knowledge, since there will be several other 'wheelers
involved. I want to travel WHITE MOUNTAIN just off HUNTER MOUNTAIN ROAD. I should have my new lockers installed by the
trip, so this trail will be totally possible. There's petroglyphs that I had mistaken for grafitti on this trail,
and some amazing boulders that can be crawled on by anyone with 32's and limited slip. It should be fun.

Ken - let me know.

I was planning on swinging down to play at the t-haven event, then slowly make my way back north that week (home by sunday night.)

Later!

Back