ExSport Tuner longevity reviews

89boosted

Reaction score
City, State
GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
Evening All,

I was wondering for those of you that have tuned Sports...

1. Which tuner are you running and why?

2. How long have you had it and does it still perform well?

3. Are you satisfied?

I know these questions have been asked previously but I haven't read anything that supports the overall performance over a long period of time, recently. This is the wife's car and I will purchase a tune, thermo, properly gapped plugs, intake and possibly downpipes over the next month. Besides the tune, the other parts a fairly straight forward, hence the question.

I've read hundreds of posts/forums and I know I lot of guys on here run Livernois, SCT, Unleashed, Diablosport and I really haven't seen any others. I appreciate the help as I am new to the ford and ecoboost platforms. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

55K + miles on LMS tune with no issues. I think I've update twice? Not sure. Tune is a little rich in hot weather, can tell by power drop off(yes I know about charge density) and the amount and color of the exhaust deposits on the tailpipes and rear hatch.

Now If I may ask you... Whatcha got from 89 that's Boosted?? That's my era of turbo cars:D

Awesome, thanks for the write up.

Haha my father bought a Porsche 911 the year I was born hence the 89. It was my first love. Unfortunately, we sold it a couple years ago to a friend.

Im running SCT X4 Tuner, comes with some SCT canned tunes and as well I got some Unleashed tunes from Torrie.

No complaints at all.

I went with SCT only because it was 50% cheaper than Livernois.

DiabloSport makes a great product too.

Livernois is excellent as well, I just didn't want to spend $600 for a tuner, personal choice only. If Livernois was $300-$400 I probably would have gone that way.

Also when Livernois first came to this forum they said their device is locked to your Explorer and if you sell it you can't re-use on a new Explorer. That's now been remedied so it's not an issue but it was a show stopper for me at the time.

Preciate the response SGT. Yeah, I'm leaning towards that same route.

I think I would enjoy the ability to allow custom tuning. Are you running the canned tune currently or the Unleashed tune? I would imagine Torrie's tune would be more beneficial...

Preciate the response SGT. Yeah, I'm leaning towards that same route.

I think I would enjoy the ability to allow custom tuning. Are you running the canned tune currently or the Unleashed tune? I would imagine Torrie's tune would be more beneficial...

Im running Torrie's latest 94 Octane tune.......its great no complaints other than the gas mileage I get because sometimes the tune makes me drive like an idiot.

Im running Torrie's latest 94 Octane tune.......its great no complaints other than the gas mileage I get because sometimes the tune makes me drive like an idiot.

HAHA, yeah looking forward to that.

Back