• Register Today It's free!

Extended Brake Lines

VIPERXLT

Reaction score
City, State
LOS ANGELES CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 SPORT
Does anyome know where I can get extended brake lines for 99 2wd. I went to 4WheelParts but they were unable to find any for me. If anyone has any links or part numbers please help. Im afraid i could brake the rubber hoses if I dont replace them soon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No one sells them. You will have to find a shop that makes them. Any auto/racing shop that makes brakelines can build you one.

Dead Link Removed

If you want, contact Dependable Offroad in Fullerton, they did mine, but they send it out. I'm trying to find who they send it to and deal direct with them.

Xplodor, do you by any chance have the contact info for the shop in fullerton? I work in santa ana and pass through fullerton everyday. I need to get them badly.

The reason this need to be done is because since I installed 3" lift spindles, the brake lines are extended by those 3" inches. That itself is not a problem..But when I turn my wheels all the way...the lines seem to stretch to their limit. I can only imagine going up a driveway with the wheels turned all the way... :(

VIPERXLT,
I have a 4" suspension lift and a 2" body lift and the only thing I did was move the brake line brackets down about 3" and I don't have any problems at all. There is more than enough brake line in our late models to do this.:)

Yeah for up front, I think you just need to move the braket down. For the rear, if you did a lift, I'd get an extended line. I've been getting ready for glamis/truckhaven so i haven't had a chance to take photos yet. I will post them when I return.

Try Russell

Russell has some specific brake lines listed for Xs, and, I think, some lifted ones. Check it out -www.Russell.com.

Originally posted by Harry5150
Ray, do you happen to have a picture of your modified bracket?

I didn't modify any brackets. I just unscrewed them and moved them down. I did this for the front and back.
I jsut had to drill new holes.
There is more than enough brake line that you don't need extended lines.

Brake lines for the 99.

I am currently working with Paragon Performance to see if they will make some lines for the 99 Exlporers. I've been talking extensively with them about fabing some extended SS braided lines (they said that any lenght can be made). If after evaluating the parts, they think they can make a complete set for a reasonble price, they will do so. I will keep everyone updated on this.

http://www.paragonperformance.com/

DocVijay
This would be so kewl. If i get the extended brake lines i can finally install the shackles and do a TT up front for an extra 1.5 inch... woohoo 4.5 ....

VIPERXLT,
You Don't Need Extended Brake Lines. :nono:
You just need to bring the brackets down by 3".

I have 6" of lift and don't even come close to stretching my brake lines front or back.
Are you going to Truckhaven?

Grrrr I've been so dang busy. I'm sorry for putting you guys off.:mad:

If you haven't already tried, there is a shop in Fullerton called "Dependable Off-Road" you can drop the truck off and they will have the rear line done within a day. They actually outsource them, so I'm trying to find out from whoem so I can get a lot of them built and sell them through 4 Play. Anyway, I don't want to leave you all hanging waiting for me to get the contact. Call Dependable Off-Road, speak to Mike, tell him that Ron with the white Explorer reffered you, he should hook you up. I have my stock line, if you can't leave your car for a day, pick up my stock line and they will build it off of that so you can just pick it up. I work in Anaheim off of Kraemer Blvd and the 91. About 5 miles away from Dependable.

Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
- Ray Lobato - Check it out, this is what my brake line brakets currently looks like. I dont think that I can bring them down. I might go with the solution that - Xplodor - has.

NOTE:

When you move the bracket down, MAKE SURE that the line is not rubbing up agains the upper "A" arm. Mine started squeeking and then I finally played around there and saw that the line was touching/rubbing against the A arm. I moved it a little and the line started leaking fluid. I'd say about 5 more miles and I could have been on the street with no brakes.

Again, when you move the bracket down, make sure none of the hard or soft lines are rubbing on anything. Please check it OFTEN. (Be sure to check it at full compression and full droop too!)

OK, the extended brake line problem has been fixed. I found a shop that made the lines for me. The banjo fittings are not exactly the ones ford uses but they work just as good. The cost for the 2 front brake lines was $70.

What size were the banjo fittings?

Back