• Register Today It's free!

Extended Warranty Calls

dbhakta

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'13 Explorer Limited
Is anyone having issues with multiple people calling with extended warranty offers for their Explorer? I even purchased an extended warranty through my dealer when I purchased the vehicle, but the folks that call always state that it is not in their system. So I ask them to remove me from their call list, but they also state that someone else from another business might still call me about the warranty, and sure enough I continue to get calls every week about purchasing an extended warranty that I already have. I am also inquiring with my dealership and Ford Corporate about this as someone has dropped the ball.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, I get them every couple of months. The opening line is "We are calling on behalf of Ford..."

Frankly this is a 3rd party company that has no relation to Ford who is trying to get you on a 3rd party Extended warranty. They frankly have no idea when our vehicles are out of warranty and if we have an extended warranty.

Just another example of crappy 3rd party companies bothering us trying to sell crap and making it sound like they are from Ford.

I have a Ford ESP on my Explorer and they still try to sell me one till I inform them I have one.

It's not Ford or the dealership - it's people trolling public records and are looking for business.

I get calls and mail multiple times a month. The calls don't get answered and the mail ends up in the trash before entering the house.

I've got one not long after I bought our Explorer. I just told them I had the ESP and that I didn't need it. They still tried to get me to buy "more" coverage from them but I told them no and not to call me anymore about it. Haven't heard from them since.

Have never received calls or mail about getting ESP. Before I throw any unsolicited mail I get in the recycling bin, I open it and if it has a postage paid return envelope in it I'll stick all their junk back in it (after removing any of my identifying info) and send it back. That way they can dispose of it after having paid to get it back.:)

Peter

I do the same thing! LOL You can even attach the prepaid envelope to something else (I taped it to a pizza box once) and then when it gets delivered back they have to pay the postage due! LOL. I started getting mail about "Your warranty is about to expire!!" litterally one week after we bought the car. It's third party companies AND the dealer selling your information! Removing yourself from public records and websites is so difficult, you would be surprised how much of you is out there. I spent an entire day once looking up public records websites and removing my info from them. After about 12 websites I just got fed up with it and quit.

Why would you even answer a call from a number you don't know? If it's something important, then they will leave a message. If it's junk I block the number.

Why would you even answer a call from a number you don't know? If it's something important, then they will leave a message. If it's junk I block the number.

Sometimes my daughter's private school will call from a number i don't recognize so I have to answer all calls. But I agree, if someone doesn't leave a message, and my daughter is home with me or the wife... then that number doesn't get answered or a call back! I hate turd party callers and all that bullshit!

Pretty simple fix.

" I had to sell that truck/car when I got arrested for my 3rd DWI"

You'll never here from them again.

Back