• Register Today It's free!

Extended Warranty

bojans

Reaction score
City, State
McHenry, Il
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Limited
Quick question about buying an extended warranty.

On the MYFORD site you can get a quote for extended service contracts, I am going to purchase one but was curious if you can negotiate the price of the extended warranty with a dealer and save some cash? Any experience with this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since you are looking into extended warranties could you do me a favor and check this link: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1445245#post1445245

It's for one of our sponsors that offers extended warranties. Many of our members have had good luck finding cheap rates and good coverage with them. You just need to get a quote from them and give them the code for this site 4242.

Thanks!

BTW, any relations to Bojans Auto Body in Glenview, IL??

Thanks Rick I will look into it.

Yes, my Dad and his brothers own Bojans in Northbrook and Highland Park, actually going on 45 years in Northbrook now.

bojans said:
Quick question about buying an extended warranty.

On the MYFORD site you can get a quote for extended service contracts, I am going to purchase one but was curious if you can negotiate the price of the extended warranty with a dealer and save some cash? Any experience with this?

It's absolutely negotiable. The dealer quoted me $2,350 for 7 years / 100K miles. I did a search for "Ford Extended Warranty" online, and found the same thing for $1,840. I went back to the dealer and he did it for $1,925, rolled in to the 5 year, 0% financing, so it costs me $32/month.

Back