Exterior Door Trim Removal?

Tnuce10

Reaction score
City, State
Central Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Limited AWD
Hey guys,

I need to remove the 4 pieces of exterior door trim. The chrome strips mounted low on each door.

Can someone explain hoe these pieces come off or point me towards a how to?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bueller???

ttt

Did you ever get your trim off? I was thinking of removing mine as well.

I was wondering the same thing because I want to do all the Crome trim in black. The best answer I can provide is appears that the panel is held in place by 12 or 13 body clips. After removed with a trim tool it looks like the chrome strip can be popped off. I used the attached picture from a used piece I saw on eBay. The second picture shows the rear of the piece. Hope it helps!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/11-12-13-fo...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d1740e7d0&vxp=mtr

Hey guys,

I need to remove the 4 pieces of exterior door trim. The chrome strips mounted low on each door.

Can someone explain hoe these pieces come off or point me towards a how to?

Thanks!
Did you get these off?
I’m looking to buy the chrome accent inserts in n the bottom door molding for a 2013. Any idea where to buy them?

Did you get these off?
I’m looking to buy the chrome accent inserts in n the bottom door molding for a 2013. Any idea where to buy them?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
FYI, the member you quoted hasn't been here since August 20, 2014.
If you're looking for new parts, this site is a handy one to use. AutoNation Ford Sometimes parts are also available on sites like eBay or Amazon.

Peter

Back