ExtremeXplorers Paragon run(Done)

rickfireftr

Reaction score
City, State
Willoughby, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLS
To everyone that may read this thread.
I recently made a run for the first time with the eXtremeXplorers club out of PA. The people here are first class and very willing and patient while teaching a new guy how to do this. If anyone ever has a chance to run with this group DO IT!! I had a great time and look forward to running again. after some mods.

Some Major Mods

Thank you to all

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We were glad to have ya. We all had a blast.

1st mod: CB antenna that stays up! :D

2nd mod: New sticker on rear of truck--"Get in the truck boy!!"

Hope ta see ya again soon!!

Glad to have you aboard Rick! Hey, your son is funny as all hell, only took a few hours for him to be calling to Tuna Breath! I think she's gonna kill us:D We're hoping to find some more places to wheel, in the near future, and if you know of anyhting, drop a line, I'll be willing to travel just about anywhere, as long as I can make it a weekend trip, until I find a new job!

Yeah no kidding........

I got lost in MOAB because my CB antennea (magnet mount) kept falling off the roof (branches and bumps not knocked it off) well one time it fell off I stopped to re-mount it and next thing I know I lost line of sight from my buddies (I was the rear) and on some slick rock I went the wrong way. Took almost an hour before we got CB contact back and they found me........

Rookie mistake. Regardless I now have a flexible solid mount antennea whip..........

Rick it was good to have you and aaron along. If i was you id look into getting either a wilson lil'will or a k40 k30 cb antenna. i have a k40 k30 and it almost never falls off. I couldnt believe chris got your son calling lindsey tunabreath :) hopefully she'll have pics of every ones rigs up in a few days.

Thanks Again

Thanks to all I had a great time ....but...
the mods.
I just bought the steel for the roof rack and I have the steel for the skid plates and reinforcing diff. That will be this week end. and Rip off the step tubes
and install rock slidders in their place

Then PA-883 3" body lift and hella's for the roof

Just ordered ... well... will order
15X8 US wheel 75 series steel rims (got to be steel)
Hell I work for a steel Mill
33X12.5x15 Explorer Pro Comp Mud Terrain Rubber

Then we go again and I want the CREEK Damn it.

yep, it's official, he's addicted. That creek is a beast that needs taming, got me good once, then I got it last time I ran my truck, and soon, I'll find a new way out:D

Done

I will set standards you will all seek to achieve.... in stupidity i mean... Just about done with the summit order now...

About 1000 bucks

Damn you all

but it is cool.
I have to do the work at the old man shop if I put the body lift on here I can't get the truck out of the garage.

LOL looks like the 4wheeling bug bit someone HARD! :D

>grumbles something about strangling Lizardtrac in his sleep<

You and Aaron were a blast to have along, Rick :cool: Weclome to the "gotta have mods" broke club, lol.

I know I got at least one good shot of your XLS in action- soon as the Wal-mart get over the snow and re-opens I'll post them!

:roll: I wanted to go but had to battle the snow here and take care of the fort.
That, coupled with the business trip, the schedule just didn't work out... next time!
Glad to see you all made it through, hopefully no worse for the wear.
Keep us posted on future events.

Rick, next time you see the Sammy, it will be about 7" taller. :).

Suggestion if you want to tame the creek....Add body protection bars to the rear corners on your truck. I've now busted bumper and body parts on 2 different trucks entering that creek. Got the X last time, and got the Sammy this time :rolleyes:. That crossing has a habit of eating parts.

let me know when you guys have to drive home in front wheel drive after losing a battle to that stream:)

Back