F150 air intake (i wish i could get it for my explorer) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

F150 air intake (i wish i could get it for my explorer)

leenjen

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
in the poconos, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport
check out this air intake for the F150. dual filters and smooth intake tubes. why cant they make anything like this for the explorer?
Dscn2162b.jpg

DSCN2174b.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

NICE!!! I wish they would make one. HMMM, lookin at that, you could prob get that. then take off the F-150 filters an put on 2 KKMs (if they'll fit) viola! haha, garuntee you 99% sure im wrong.

actually, you may be right. but i would have to relocat the battery. if i just move it back a little, it could work.
hmmmm.....

Who makes it? You gotta stop giving me ideas.....

probably because there'd be about 2 people that bought em, LOL. Seriously the reason that is out for the f-150 is it was specifically designed to work with the cervinis ram air hood and other ram air hoods with similar air scoops. That way you have two scoops and each one has an air filter right there!
And in order to get it to fit in an explorer you'd basically have to readjust your entire engine compartment.

Back