F150 Coil Seats Install and Shackles for TTB suspension based platforms | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

F150 Coil Seats Install and Shackles for TTB suspension based platforms

...so you know the dealer has them?? the reason i ask as i just went thru this with someone else and the dealers are starting to not stock them locally and they are being shipped in from the southeast in 2 day special order...:scratch:
Nope, haven't checked yet. Will tomorrow. Drew Ford is the So Cal distribution center, and they are located a few miles from my work place. They usually have everything.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, you were right, the dealer did not have them. And, the price has gone up to a little over $50.00 for the pair. I spent a few hours driving around town, and found them at AutoFab in Santucky (Santee). Picked up a set for $40.00. They have all different size coil seats, and custom engine mounts, transmission mounts, and they build custom off road racing trucks. Should have it all installed by this weekend.

...glad you were able to find them though and thanks for the update...:thumbsup:

Got them installed today, took a few hours (man, I love having air tools). I did not need to take the shocks off, but had to remove the retainer clip at the top of the coil. I have four of those nylon donuts (mmmmmmmmmm......donuts:D) inside each coil to act as bump stops, and a 1 1/8" socket does not fit in the donut hole (mmmmmmmmm......donuts:D). I jacked the truck up under the suspension as far as it would go with my big floor jack, then used a jack stand on the frame. Took off the tires, then the retainer clip. I then lowered the jack to release the coil from the top. Pulled the donuts out (mmmmmmmm........donuts:D), and unbolted the bottom of the coil. The rest was pretty easy, except on the right side I had a little trouble getting the coil to seat on the top. Used a B F pry bar and eventually leverage won over spring tension. The coils sit looser on the bottom then they used to, but it should not be a problem, as long as the curved retaining washer holds up. It sure looks tall now. Of course, while I had the front tires off, I had to repack the wheel bearings (one time per year seems to work well for me).

Alignment appointment on Monday.

I love this web sight almost as much as donuts (mmmmmmmmm.........donuts:D). You have a problem, look it up here and find the fix.:thumbsup: Thanks, Rick.

..brian, did you get your alignment done??...if so, just curious what they charged you and did you need new bushings???

..brian, did you get your alignment done??...if so, just curious what they charged you and did you need new bushings???
Got the alignment done at a different place that I have been going to for years. I think it was $68.00 and some change, no alignment cams needed. I already have the 3* cams on both sides. Sure beat the $293.00 that other place wanted. What a bunch of tools. The Skyjacker coils had sagged about an inch and the winch/bumper took care of the rest. It looks like it did when I first got that 6 inch lift installed. Slightly taller in front than the rear, looks good. I am thinking of spot welding the coil spacer to the radius arm, just to make sure it doesn't shift around. I put 115 pounds of torque on that nut though, and some blue locktite, so its on there pretty good. Should hold me over until I get that Dana 44 up front.

...:thumbsup:...thanks for all your information and i will be looking forward to your sas thread...post some pics if you get the chance...:D

My 95 4x4 came with 2 1/2" of lift in the rear and 2" over coils in the front, stock from ford...

I have never seen this as an option, was this on all std cab 4x4 rangers? or does yours have a different factory option? If it was not standard how was this 2in lift in the front achieved?

I love how your truck sits after this mod and was wondering how to achieve a similar stance. Great looking truck!!

Thanks

Dan

...It is similar to what they called the "High Rider" package that is no longer...2" coils in front and blocks in the rear...:D

Thanks for the info.. Do you know if they used different TTB arms or adjustable bushings to align it? Thanks again

Dan

...Same ttb but I am sure they had different bushings...If you click on "The Squirrel" in my signature, there is some more info on my truck and it's build...:thumbsup:

tbars.. can you tell me the spring code that is on the sticker on your door? Thanks

...I will but out of curiosity, what is your spring code...:scratch:

Mine says on the door sticker under the springs section

BT B

I have been looking to find a way to decode what this means but I have come up short. I was just going to use your spring code and see what price the dealer has for those springs, I have looked at leveling coils but in my Bronco they gave a stiffer ride. I want to maintain a factory ride and level the front. My long term plan is to do the springs and the f150 spacers to get the full lift you have without drop brackets.

...We need to get together with our trucks and I will be around the Old Town tonight thru saturday...Pm me your number and let's do this...:D

Your write up really helped with getting the Coil seats installed. I did not do it myself, but your write up helped me explain exactly how its done to my friend who did it for me (he needed money and I had other things planned). Took it out to Holy Jim last night after picking it up and talk about a difference. We still need to meet up sometime and compare trucks and I can get that spring code too. Thanks again

Not computer aligned, the friend who installed it did some adjusting, not perfect but better than none. I am hoping to get away with not adding bushings, I have a lifetime alignment from a place down the street so ill get that done soon.

Ill have to snap some after pics tomorrow.

...Where's the pics??...:popcorn:

...You are back up at trabuco playing again aren't you, lol...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here are the before and after pics

ranger side1.jpg

After1.JPG

Back