F150 Coil Seats Install and Shackles for TTB suspension based platforms | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

F150 Coil Seats Install and Shackles for TTB suspension based platforms

sooooo same procedure and results on a 94 explorer sport? i have yet to get underneith mine so i dunno...lol...any help before i dig in would be great :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...it's the same...alot of stock explorers first lifted their trucks this way...good luck...:D

What year F-150 did those come from i was looking to get the Axle drop brakets and a cheap set of springs but that would be even easier (and cheaper). Also has anyone did a lift and dont need the stock brackets. I am trying to make the brakets and if they work i will not have to buy them.

...they are out of the early 90's f150's or can be bought at the dealer for about the above mentioned price, or your local junk yard....i seriously would do this type of lift first...i highly suggest not making your own brackets for the safety of the rest of us on the road...;)

I will find some then. But did the camber get fixed at the align shop. in the one pic your tires are really leaning up top. If it came out at the shop i will do that with a 3 inch body lift

...that did come out at the shop and that is actually 4" lift on that truck...i did the coil spacers under 2" over springs...with that, you need axle pivot brackets...if you read thoroughly thru the thread, everything is spelled out...
...with the f150 coil seats you do not need axle pivot brackets with stock springs, good luck on your project...:D

whats the limit of the stock shocks? do i need new shocks for a 2" lift on my 94 exploder?

...it would be a good idea to get 2" over shocks but your x will be fine on the street...;)

sweet...well the truck wont be a hardcore offroader..just highwya driving and gettin through some snow...i live in the country...soo yeah...lol...

sweet...also...kind of unrelated but...i'm looking to get some wider wheels with a lower offset...what do you guys recommend? i'm lookin at the basic cragar wheels from summit..they're like $40 each..just trying to get a wider track to inhibit the random roll-overs these truck seem to suffer from..and also make it a lil nicer in the snow..

...most guys on here have 15x8 wheels with 3.75" back spacing...the rest you will have to search for...good luck on your project...:D

thanks man! i'll post pics when its done

so a 15x8 wheel with 3.75 inch backspacing and a 3.30 center bore and 5x4.5 bolt pattern will fit? only reason i ask is that it's not listing it as fitting my truck on their site...

...that did come out at the shop and that is actually 4" lift on that truck...i did the coil spacers under 2" over springs...with that, you need axle pivot brackets...if you read thoroughly thru the thread, everything is spelled out...
...with the f150 coil seats you do not need axle pivot brackets with stock springs, good luck on your project...:D

The axle pivot brackets, are they for the radius bars or do the go someplace else. i would like to go with 2 inch suspension and 3 inch body lift. so was thinking shackels in the rear and coil spacers up front.

Also mention that the F-150 coil seats are from a early 90's 2x4 not a 4x4.If you are scowering the junk yards.

So Professor Tbars;) when you installed the spacers did you flip em like you mentioned in the first post or put L on the L and R on the R?

...they were flipped, l-r, r-l....they fit with the tab to the rear of the axle arms and they kind of lock in...:D

what i needed to need now to order them:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...let me know how that works out on your already lifted truck...do a writeup, include your current lift mods, and be sure to get a free alignment inspection ahead of time, to make sure you have enough play with the bushings and they will have the size you need when it comes time to align...;)

Back