F150 Coil Seats Install and Shackles for TTB suspension based platforms | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

F150 Coil Seats Install and Shackles for TTB suspension based platforms

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well here's a little thank you for this write up too. I think i'm gonna add these on my explorer some time soon. :) It badly needs an alignment anyway. Which reminds me, hope i dont have to go through what you're currently going through with your x. Anyway, thanks!

awesome write up TBars:thumbsup: i also looked at the TRS write up and your info is much more helpful, pictures are great reference. i should have mine put on later this week. i have stock lift on my 4x4, so i'm just lifting the front. hoping that it will be as level as possible without putting any shackles on the back. fingers crossed...

...mounty71, if you are going to keep jumping the X i would at least pay the extra 100 bucks for the lifetime alignment from some place like firestone...;)

...mounty71, if you are going to keep jumping the X i would at least pay the extra 100 bucks for the lifetime alignment from some place like firestone...;)

Ya when i get it aligned i'll go to someplace that offers that. I heard that sears offers alignments for $60-something, and have it lifetime guaranteed.

will this work on a 92 x and where did u get your shakles.

...this will work on 91-94 X's...my shackles were custom but you can get warrior shackles new for about 63 bucks from several online stores like http://4wheelparts.com ...:D

tbars, when you say that you need 2" "over" shocks, what does that exactly entail? I am putting in the f150 coil spacers on my stock 4x4 ranger and ordered rancho rs5000 shocks. however, there was two options of that shock to choose from. one option was for rs5000 for 0-1.5" or rs5000 for 2.5" Thus, I am wondering which ones should I get for the front. Technically, the lift I am doing with just the f150 coil spacers will give me just under 2"...right? if so, then i should opt for the rancho's rs5000 for 0-1.5". sorry for being longwinded, just trying to order the right shocks. thanks for your help!:)

...no problem...if it were me and i had the choice of 0-1 1/2" or a straight 2 1/2" over i would do the 2 1/2" over stock size but not any taller...this will keep your shocks from being the stop when your wheel drops and is looking for traction...
..if you went taller than that your shocks would bottom out on full compression...i hope that makes sense...;)
...the f150 coil spacers will give you about 1 3/4" lift...

got the f150 coil spacers on last night, with new camber bushings, and put on my rancho rs5000 front and rear, and it is like night and day! looks great, and new shocks are amazing. thanks for your help, the write up was a godsend. i will be posting pics of my ride this weekend. :D

...good job and can't wait to see the before/after pics...:thumbsup:
...how much did the alignment cost???

$40 from a local guy that I know here in town. It also looked quite ridiculous driving it over to his shop before the alignment:) At a stop light, the guy next to me told me that I should get an alignment. Nice call, Einstein! ha

So finally gettin' around to posting pics of my ride...finally! My tech savvy persona deleted images of the "before" pics, so I have included pics of my ride after the F150 coil spacer install. I don't have anything substantial to add to Tbars write up other than giving him the thumbs up for helping me lift the front end about 1 3/4". This is a pic of my ride after the lift. /Users/clairemckenney/Desktop/Right Fender Coil Spring 2.jpg I already had an extra AAL to the rear and had been running 31x10.5x15 the past three years. So after much deliberation and help from the others advice on the site (thanks Tbars!), I installed the F150 coil spacers, 4 new Rancho RS5000 shocks, & new camber bushings and am pleased as punch! /Users/clairemckenney/Desktop/Right Fender Coil Spacer.jpg You can see the coil spacer with the offset to the outside, indeed the Right fit best on the Left, and vice-versa. /Users/clairemckenney/Desktop/Right Fender Coil Spring 2.jpg The new shocks were a major improvement, rides so much better. Overall, the cost, time, and effort (3 guys and a cooler full of...) was worth it. I have lots O' clearance and the bug has bitten me. Already lookin' at 33"! :)

...you use http://imageshack.us/ or you become elite which is well worth the price...;)...hurry up so we can see your pics...:D

Okay, so hopefully the pics work...with the help from Tbars!!

So finally gettin' around to posting pics of my ride...finally! My tech savvy persona deleted images of the "before" pics, so I have included pics of my ride after the F150 coil spacer install. I don't have anything substantial to add to Tbars write up other than giving him the thumbs up for helping me lift the front end about 1 3/4". This is a pic of my ride after the lift. http://profile.imageshack.us/user/ozark705/images/detail/#265/rightfrontranger2fc1.jpg I already had an extra AAL to the rear and had been running 31x10.5x15 the past three years. So after much deliberation and help from the others advice on the site (thanks Tbars!), I installed the F150 coil spacers, 4 new Rancho RS5000 shocks, & new camber bushings and am pleased as punch!
http://profile.imageshack.us/user/ozark705/images/detail/#181/rightfendercoilspaceruc6.jpg You can see the coil spacer with the offset to the outside, indeed the Right fit best on the Left, and vice-versa.
http://profile.imageshack.us/user/ozark705/images/detail/#174/rightfendercoilspring2cg2.jpg The new shocks were a major improvement, rides so much better. Overall, the cost, time, and effort (3 guys and a cooler full of...) was worth it. I have lots O' clearance and the bug has bitten me. Already lookin' at 33"!
Hopefully, I can find some before pics the show you the change in lift hight on my Ranger! Stay tuned...

Ozark, that ranger of yours is REALLY clean, looks great.

Thanks, Mounty. All I need to do is to figure out how to get a hot chic in my profile pic without my fiance finding out! LOL. Delete Internet History! :)

tbars awesome write up....i put in the spacers like this article, and lifted the rear..
but heres the issue, i took out my other car to make an apointment at schwab to get my tires aligned, but they wont do it because of liability reasons, neither will other tire dealerships who align cars. i dont know what to do, and im afraid i have to do it myself, any advice??
anything at all will be appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have any small Mom & Pop repair shops around the area? They will usually do work that other shops won't.

Back