F150 Coil Seats Install and Shackles for TTB suspension based platforms | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

F150 Coil Seats Install and Shackles for TTB suspension based platforms

Ok thanks. That explains why I still have drivability issues with the front end. When they did my alignment, they didn't say a word about the radius arm bushings being bad, but now that I Know they're bad....guess its savings time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

installed these along with a 4" suspension lift. leveled out the soa perfectly. all four fenders are 39.5-40" now.
IMG_20120107_145802.jpg

after alignment
IMG_20120108_115709.jpg

if anybody is looking for these, i have another set i picked up when i got some for my truck. seats, bushings, washers and the nuts.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312912

if needed, theres prob 3 more sets there now. not sure if any are the shorter v6 seats or not tho.

This may have been addressed already in this thread but im going to ask anyway and admit that i was too lazy to read the ENTIRE 16 pages. I have the 5.5" superlift Superunner lift kit on my X and was wondering if i could still do these for an additional lift. my concern is the Superlift springs? will they cause a problem you think?

..:scratch:..This would result in a whole new alignment for you including new camber bushings..:eek:

..If your lift kit and/or springs are new, adding these now may not even allow your vehicle to be aligned..

..However, when your springs do sag (and they will), these can go under them then in order to get your truck back up to it's current height and help get it back into alignment..:hammer:

Where would i but these coil spacers i read and saw the washers (buying washers with a 1/2 hole) thing would that be safe and fine alternative for the F-150 coil seats.

The f150 seats are pretty much a wrecking yard item now. The are discontinued from ford. Original price about 20 bucks each... discontinued price about 100 each... thats IF your ford dealer can convince the dealership that has them in stock to ship them to you... most of the time they wont. Greedy *******s lmao

Like a pick n pull Somewhere like that and what year ford are they usually on?

Just like to note that the link for that site wants $96 for the spring seats.

Just like to note that the link for that site wants $96 for the spring seats.

..Which link for what site?

Like a pick n pull Somewhere like that and what year ford are they usually on?

..There are a couple different f150 coil seats with pictures shown in this thread that have been found at the junkyard for like $20...

..If you take some of the information found in this thread to the JY, you can save a bunch of money and time...:biggthump

Thanks i sure will go to some pick n pulls to see if they have any the reason I want some is I just installed the James duff lift 5.5 and the front sits a few inches lower and these would be perfect for it, and to raise the front even.

'80 to '96 iirc. But make sure you get the 2wd seats and then flil them one is for the left and one for the right they are maked L and R respectively . Flip them and put that little "tab" on the bottom with it to the rwar just like is says in thia how to.you can also get them from full size broncos. Up to 1997.

iirc ? and why 2wd is there a difference and did you mean flip them.

This is an old thread and the photos that don’t show were probably hosted on photobucket or similar site and no longer exist.
Only photos hosted directly to this site are permanent.

Back