• Register Today It's free!

f250 shock tower pics

mtwheelin

Reaction score
City, State
colorado springs
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger
so got my f250 shock mounts and they dont look like they will fit. the one on the passenger side hits the ac air box on the fire wall, they also look like they angle out to far from the bottom mount on the radius arm.. so im wondering if you guys have had to modify them or what. it would also be cool if someone could post up some pics of how they have mounted them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It fits.. We thought it didn't fit, and tried to clearance things and got the ginder into the evaporator.. I have just < 1/4" of clearance between the tower and the box.

Until we got it exactly where it needed to go it didn't look like it was gonna fit.

As for the shocks.. It seems to put the shock out just the right amount.. We are using 12" travel shocks (999012 I think)...

2943794398_0858d73aa3.jpg

Here's the only pic I have of the f-250 mounts installed.
attachment.php

~Mark

cool thanks for the pic, i am running early bronco coils in the stock buckets so i hope i can get the shock tower over that far.

I can't get to the pics from work, but our Ranger project used the F250 mounts too. Very much like the above pic. We got lucky, as we added the mounts before putting the cab back on the truck. The drivers side is pretty close to the master cylinder, and the pass side is just fine (no AC in the truck).

I might do something a bit different if I get an Ex though. Namely, more planning...

We braced the spring cup and the shock tower the frame, and I later added a gusset between the tower and the cup...
F250Towers008.jpg

Back