FABRITECH question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FABRITECH question

I was wondering if you guys could help me and my friend out here. I was looking at this solid axle conversion for my Explorer but I'm not sure if I want to go with the coils or the spring over. Soooooo my question is what is the difference between coils and a spring over and which will give me more wheel travel. Any input would be appreciated........

coils for sure. If you get a 66-77 bronco d-44 the swap is a bolt in. If you want more info let me know. I can put you in touch with people who done it.

Bolt on??

Ok - Define "Bolt-On"!

Are we talking I go to the junk yard, get the axle and springs, unbolt the existing axle and springs and re-assemble? It's that easy? I would think for starters the D44 would be too long. I would think an older Bronco would be fairly easy to come by. What kind of lift do you get by this conversion? Any change in front driveshafts? Is that enough questions for now? :D

Jon M

nothing is ever REALLY bolt-on, is it?

Nightranger, all the info you can give me or the people you know can give me would be great. I just want to know what are the pros and cons of both coils and spring-over.

Back