• Register Today It's free!

Face Gauges (instrument panel)

coldfox

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Sport Trac
I live in Canada and been seriously thinking of buying another Explorer from the US. If I purchased a vehicle would I be able to change the face gauges to be able to read the speedometer in km's instead of miles? I noticed they have those gauges for sale on ebay, so I was wondering would there be more involved mechanically then just changing the face gauges?

I live in Canada and been seriously thinking of buying another Explorer from the US. If I purchased a vehicle would I be able to change the face gauges to be able to read the speedometer in km's instead of miles? I noticed they have those gauges for sale on ebay, so I was wondering would there be more involved mechanically then just changing the face gauges?

i have often wondered the same thing... i would say finding some aftermarket gauge faces like on ebay that have the large numbers as the Km rather than mph. i dont see why that wont work. they are electronic so nothin is different mechanically. the speed sensor is the same speed sensor wether you buy it in the us or in canada. hopefully someone else can confirm this, but i would say swap gauge faces and you should be fine

Back