Factory Alarm / Keyless Entry Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Factory Alarm / Keyless Entry Question

raw92378

Reaction score
City, State
Washington, DC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Sport
I had a Clifford alarm installed several months ago after theives found a way to get past the ford alarm. The only problem is that the factory alarm is still enabled, so when I use the automatic locks (or the Clifford) to lock the doors while any door is open - the factory system is armed... As a result when I get back to the X and open a door the horn starts blastin'.

Does anyone know of a way to permanently disable the factory alarm (short of pulling the module out)??

Thanks.

Side Question -> Has anyone had any problems with the Clifford Intelligaurd series security systems... (i.e. key fobs working intermitenly, instant alarming, etc...)??

ray

The factory alarm should have an arm/disarm input and the aftermarket alarm should have an arm/disarm output so that the aftermarket alarm will control the factory alarm. I've been preparing to install a system in one of my cars and found a really informative website-- www.the12volt.com You can join for free, then you can use their database of installation information which will tell you which wires to connect to, where they're located etc. (Click on Vehicle Information in the blue side bar under "General Information")

They also have forums for questions about alarms.

Good luck!

Back