Factory Black Interior?? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Factory Black Interior??

VairKing

Midwest-Xplorer Member
Reaction score
City, State
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 EB V8 AWD
In my search for a newer X, I am wondering if Xs came with black interiors at all? Im mainly wondering about the 96-99 model years, but now that I think of it, I have only seen 2nd gen Xs with grey, tan, or green interiors. I LOVE black interiors, just wondering if they exist. TIA...:D

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

<

dejello

perpetually unconcious
Reaction score
City, State
College Station, TX
I don't know, but I'd love to find one :)

<

davesexplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Central PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 F350 7.3
nope never seen one, the closest ive seen is a real dark gray color, looked nice but it wasn't black. You could always make youre interior black.......

<

Techmonster

Reaction score
City, State
St. Cloud, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Limited
some of the limiteds and i seen 1 EB around the 99 year did have a very dark gray interior, almost looked black. I do agree with you. I love black interior and it is nearly impossible to find an explorer with even a dark grey. they just seem classy compared to tan. My .02 though

<

Techmonster

Reaction score
City, State
St. Cloud, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Limited
here is the darkest gray interior i can find stockhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2406328178&category=6012

<

Kris Guilbeaux

Elite Demon Secretary
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Austin,Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Nav, 99 Mounty, 98 Ex
The darkest interior I have seen was in 91-92 Navajos which have a Dark grey almost Black Dash and with Very dark trim. The Seats are two tone with Light and Dark Grey with blue trim.

<

Texplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Morgantown, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT 4x4 4.0
The only explorers that I have seen that have close to black leather are the 2003 ones. They have very, very dark leather seats that look black. Other than that all I have seen are grey, tan, green, and blue.

<