Factory DVD and Radio Simultaneously? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Factory DVD and Radio Simultaneously?

feetwet

Reaction score
City, State
Maple Grove, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 XLT V8
Recently bought my used 06 XLT with the factory DVD system.

Is it possible for the kiddies to listen to the DVD in the back with the wireless headphones and for me to listen to FM radio upfront?

(wife's honda let's you do this)

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

see if you can find the full instruction manual for the dvd/sound system, check ebay if you dont have it, and if it is possible, the manual will tell you how

It should be, im actually pretty sure it is, read the owners manual, if you have one, if not, then search the net for one and read it; theres probably a combonation of the preset buttons that you hold to like send the DVD sound just to the headphones, letting you use FM/AM/CD

On my 08 Limited, to listen to the radio up front, just push the AM/FM button on the radio itself after you put the DVD in the unit. It should automatically switch the radio to the speakers. The manual was no help, I had to figure that one out on my own. Another cool thing is you should have an A/B Switch on the wireless headphones. One is for radio and the other is for the DVD system in case one of the kids want one over the other and you do not want to hear either.

Good Luck!

My wife watches the dvd while I listen to the satellite radio. Her earphones have to be on and selected in the media screen.

Good luck, BGC

Back