Factory garage door opener frequency | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Factory garage door opener frequency

BudPool

Reaction score
City, State
Laguna Niguel Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Eddie Bauer 4X4
What frequency does the factory garage door opener operate on a 99 Explorer? Will it work with a newer Genie brand opener?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What frequency does the factory garage door opener operate on a 99 Explorer? Will it work with a newer Genie brand opener?
The genie brand openers are like bluetooth. See the instruction on pair a new door opener.

I did not realize that it was a broad band as compared to a designated frequency. I don't want to have to use the Genie remote. Thank you

My Genie opener worked on my older Subaru just fine. The opener is probably 3-4 years old. I don’t remember how I paired it, but it involved pressing a button on the opener and then clicking the Homelink button I wanted to open the door.

These aren’t what you need?

BA5DE6CD-7079-4B61-9D54-E64DF0C711A6.jpeg

C85A38DB-C29E-40B5-934E-39D04BDCBFC4.jpeg

Thanks I just thought the newer garage openers operated on newer frequency's and might not work with my factory unit. I am looking to boost the range of my opener and have already tried extending the factory short antenna with minimal results.

Back