factory halogen to factory xenon problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

factory halogen to factory xenon problems

Hello,

I bought my 2013 explorer with factory halogens. I did not like the results from my hid converison kit upgrade so I opted to buy a pair of factory HID headlights thinking I could just swap them out. It isnt working. The turn signals work fine but the lights wont turn on.

Any ideas?

Did you get the required OEM Ford igniters and ballasts to go along with the OEM HID housings or how do you have it hooked up?

If you have all the OEM parts but the lights just aren't turning on, I'd suspect a wiring issue, perhaps something simple like they just aren't getting power or the switch isn't connected correctly to turn the system on.

The ballasts and igniters were included in the assemblies. I too suspect the problem is in the wiring. I looked in the fuse box and there are no fuses where the HID fuses should go. There also arent any contacts in those slots. I am guessing that the SUV units that ship out with Halogen lights are not equipped to handle HID lights. Can anyone confirm?

You should find out what fuses need to go in those slots and put some in.

If the dealer doesn't know, perhaps someone on here with factory HIDs in their new Explorer could tell you.

I used an aftermarket plug and play conversion without any issues. I guess the Ford OEM set up must not work the same and needs those said missing fuses.

Back