• Register Today It's free!

Factory manual 4x4????

JamesVW73

Reaction score
City, State
Greensboro, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
two 92 XLT 4x4s :D
From what i've been told and seen, I think I'm the only X that I know of that came factory with a manual shift transfer case and factory manual locking hubs. I know for a fact that this isn't a retrofit, I'm the second owner of this truck (bought at 184k, interior looked brand new), now at 205k, and I still have the original window sticker from it, and it actually has the option on here for manual 4 wheel drive. Has any one else ran into this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

::bump:: come on guys, nobody ever seen this?

I'd pay extra to have a manual T-case and manual locker hubs come from the factory!! Saves $$ down the road when the auto stuff craps out!

Yea my auto hubs just crapped out, debating on wheter to replace them since the SAS is goin on as soon as school gets out

Mine came stock from the factory with manual hubs and transfer case. Mine is a 2-door sport.

helz yeah, finally someone else that has it! lol, my buddy who sells cars at a ford dealer had never seen one with it before, and he sold the 1st gens new back in the day

You could order then either way. I have a manual transmission, but the electric transfer case and auto hubs. I converted to manual hubs when one auto hub failed. Now, I still have push-button shift-on-the-fly, but only if I remember to lock the hubs first!

Bob

Back