Factory MyFord Touch OEM GPS Navigation Upgrade Kit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Factory MyFord Touch OEM GPS Navigation Upgrade Kit

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wouldn't touch the 2nd auction.

The first auction is rather interesting. Looks like someone figured out how to crack programming of the APIM. The APIM is locked to a vehicle by VIN, at least the programming is.

The options turned on within the APIM depend on the options your vehicle came with.

I am assuming they will ask your VIN, program it how it should be for your vehicle and then enable the NAV bit.

I have one issue with this. If you were to take your vehicle to the dealer and they reprogram the APIM, guess what will happen....there goes your NAV as all the option data for each vehicle by VIN is stored on Ford Servers and the dealer accesses those servers when programming the APIM.

It doesn't appear to be an 'upgrade' kit for those with the current navigation. It seems to be for those that have MFT without the navigation system. If that is the case, the term "upgrade" is a bit misleading and should it should reflect that this is a 'Navigation' installation kit.

Peter

I wouldn't touch the 2nd auction.

The first auction is rather interesting. Looks like someone figured out how to crack programming of the APIM. The APIM is locked to a vehicle by VIN, at least the programming is.

I wouldn't even touch the first one! $1200 for a refurbished unit? No Thanks

Merry Christmas everyone!!

It is possible to add navigation to any APIM unit just using Ford's software and VIN number of any vehicle equipped with NAV from factory. Thing is that you need to find some Ford engineer willing to do that through back door (for a compensation?)

If anyone is interested in adding OEM NAV contact me.

Could you keep us updated how things are going?

He hasn't done anything. I either upgraded or sent replacements for several MFT owners and now have a bench setup that allows you to send me the one from your vehicle for upgrading as an option as well.

Back