• Register Today It's free!

Factory relearn?...

Ased2141

Reaction score
City, State
seymour CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLT
does anyone know about this and if so the procedure to do it? i lost my owners manual

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can read/download the owners manual Dead Link Removed but I don't know what you mean by relearn.

I think he's referring to the process that takes place after disconnecting the battery.

I think he's referring to the process that takes place after disconnecting the battery.

That process takes place automatically, upon reconnection of the battery, does it not? The PCM relearns certain things related driver-habits, but as I understand it, there is no real problem with switching out a battery. No? imp

From my owner's manual:

RelearnProcedureCustom.jpg

thanks everyone much appriciated it did relearn itself

I'm not sure. It is probably in your owner's manual. If you don't have an owner's manual, Dead Link Removed.

no only 96 or newer obdII vehicles do that

Didn't work.

I tried to do a reset according to the manual and it did "relearn" the idle and trim, but the stupid old CEL code keeps popping up and them disappearing. Maybe a short or loose wire somewhere? It keeps reading as an old code, with no current codes.

Don't know the code number

whats the code that pops up?

lean on the right side is what the mechanics tell me. It had a couple of bad injectors, so I had them all replaced last month. Now that it has relearned, she doesn't hesitate, no funky idle issues, no trouble starting, running, but this code pops up still. Sometimes I'll drive 15 miles and nothing. Other times it will pop up after a couple of blocks. If I make a quick pit stop at 7-11 or for gas it disappears and almost never comes back on that trip. Each time it's checked it reads as an old stored code with no current CEL codes.

thats how lean condition will be. it will only set a memory code and show a cel,

it is not a code that will when tested ever show up.

thats how lean condition will be. it will only set a memory code and show a cel,

it is not a code that will when tested ever show up.

So does that mean that he needs to adjust the injectors that he installed? Everything sounds and runs fine, except this code pops up and then vanishes. When the CEL comes on there is no noticable change in performance in the vehicle.

correct, check all vacuum, intake plumbing, elbows, etc all rubber connectors, etc.

Back