Factory strobes

Rob_I

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
New Hampshire
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 PIU 3.7 NA
My 2013 PIU came with factory corner strobes and the department that had it before me chopped all the wires off inside the console. Since I'm the Animal Control officer for 4 towns, I'd like to not die when I'm on the side of the road. I have dash and rear deck strobes, but they are kinda cheapo ones. Does anyone have a wiring diagram so I can liven them up or even check what color they are? And are they replaceable with, white or yellow?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are the strobe lights the same module or a different one? It seems like if you turn the circuit on, you should be able to measure power and ground to figure out which wires are which to wire it back up.

If by "And are they replaceable with, white or yellow?" you should check your state laws or contact DMV to find out what allowances for emergency lights are acceptable for your position, unless I misunderstand the question. If you meant what is technically possible, if they are just colored bulbs then it seems like you can swap in any color bulb you can find. If it is an LED module, that's not so easy to change unless you find a replacement, entire module of a different color.

We might need more info as I doubt there are many people who are legitimately taking a PIU and adding back features that would otherwise be illegal for a civilian to use.

My PIU has built in from the factory strobes in the headlight/cornering lamp unit. Not aftermarket drilled in strobes but round spaces molded into plastic. I forget the exact name for that style. They appear to be LED. From what I can trace, the wires disappear into the harness but obviously terminated once upon a time in the center console area.

As far as "turning the circuit on" that's a bit easier said than done since I have no clue where the circuit is or what colors it's supposed to be. If I knew that, I wouldn't be asking here.

I appreciate your concern, but I do work for the police department. Well, 4 technically. Since the town budgets don't include an ACO (animal control officer) vehicle, I have to use my own and get reimbursed.

It's not cool when your chief and other officers make fun of you for having a cheap amber strobe setup, so I'm looking to as you say, add features back. I don't however get reimbursed for vehicle outfitting. That's on me.

Yes, white or amber is what I can use since it's "town business" use. Red and blue are PD/fire. I'm not going lights and sirens to an injured fox but the airhorn has come in quite handy for breaking up dog fights.

I haven't attempted to pop a strobe out yet. Figured I'd ask here, buy the parts, and only have to disassemble the works once.

Google 2013 Ford Police Interceptor Upfitter Guide. That will have wiring info and much more.

Totally forgot about that. I have it on my laptop

*face palm*

My 2013 PIU came with factory corner strobes and the department that had it before me chopped all the wires off inside the console. Since I'm the Animal Control officer for 4 towns, I'd like to not die when I'm on the side of the road. I have dash and rear deck strobes, but they are kinda cheapo ones. Does anyone have a wiring diagram so I can liven them up or even check what color they are? And are they replaceable with, white or yellow?
Google ford police modifiers guide. There should be wiring diagrams. Youtube the lights. I found quite a bit on youtube when researching PIU lighting

Google ford police modifiers guide. There should be wiring diagrams. Youtube the lights. I found quite a bit on youtube when researching PIU lighting
As I had just said above, I forgot about that guide. I've had it for a while

Back