• Register Today It's free!

Factory Subwoofer Amp Pin Out

royd86u

Reaction score
City, State
PALM DESERT, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 EDDIE BAUER
Does any one have the pin out/wiring diagram for the subwoofer amp on a 2004 Explorer Eddie Bauer. The side coming from the radio is as follows, there are 6 pins on the top row and 4 pins on the bottom row see diagram below.

1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8.......9 10

Only 5 wires are used as follows:
Pin 1 - Yellow
Pin 2 - Not used
Pin 3 - Not used
Pin 4 - Not used
Pin 5 - Black/Orange
Pin 6 - Red/Black
Pin 7 - Not used
Pin 8 - Not used
Pin 9 - Blue/Red
Pin 10 - Black/Orange

Pin layout and wire colors are as viewed from back side of connector or looking at connector when pluged into Amp.

The connector on the side going to the Subwoofer has 4 pins on the top row and 2 pins on the bottom row see diagram below.

1 2 3 4

There was only four wires coming out this side however i don't remember what color and which pin number. It was a real late night and wasn't thinking about it at the time. However i do remember that two of the wires were +'s and two were -'s as they went straight to the dual voice coil subwoofer. I have replaced the subwoofer and want to add an amp. I figure i can run the output wires of the factory amp to the input of my new amp and then to my nnew speaker. I just dont know which pin #'s to use on the output side of the factory amp. Any help would be greatly appriciated?

My 03 explorer limited 4.6 has only 2 wires going to the back of raidoyellow and one blue and red maybe are these for the subs?

Back