• Register Today It's free!

Factory Temp Gauge giving me fits

thebuckdude

Reaction score
City, State
Hot & burning up in Idaho
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Eddie Bauer
The factory water temp gauge on my 94 is going up and down and yet not overheating.
Can I easily install a mechanical gauge in this without screwing up any of the computer sensors etc? I've been told there are two, but would like to plan for the weekend project just in case I need to do any special plumbing. Do I have to keep the factory sending unit in it or can I leave it unhooked? Thanks!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes there are 2 sensore, both on the passenger side of the motor, one is fot the cpu in it, and the one that is near the raidator id the guage, I put in an aftermarket guage and left the factory one unhooked and its been fine, shouldn't take lonfer than a couple hours, that's what it took me and I toke my time

I wouldn't say they are both on the passenger side of the motor though.... They are both UNDER the throttle body (more or less)on the passenger side of it. They are on each side of the intake, the gauge one on the passenger side, the PCM one on the drivers side. They are about 6" or so apart. The correct one to replace/unhook is the one with just one simple wire attached. The PCM one has a plastic harness and multi wires.

Back