Faithful Explorer for sale

jcasey007

Reaction score
City, State
Stratford Upon Avon, Warwickshire
Year, Model & Trim Level
Jeep Commander 5.7L HEMI
Hi All

So the time has come to sell my faithful Explorer, we have had a lot of fun together and I want her to go to a good home. Mileage is now 180k but as you can see below she is has had a lot of work done to her.

I used her as my company vehicle so I have spent a lot of time and money getting her reliable. But now I have a new toy in a Jeep Commander 5.7L V8.

So all I’m asking for is £975 which the same money I paid for it on ebay.
If you have any questions put them on the open forum or email me at
jcasey007@live.co.uk

In the end if nobody wants her she will go back to ebay…

img00224201105291410.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What I have done:

Front suspension – completely replaced in Summer 2010 incl. new upper and lower wishbones, new hubs, track rod ends and shocks.

Rear Suspension – completely replaced in July 2011 incl. all new shocks (all three), new shackles, rebuilt diff and axle (new LSD clutch pack, new bearings and seals, new wheel bearings and seals, new hand brake complete new brake discs.

Transmission – recon transfer box September 2010, Auto box – regular transmission oil and filter changes, transmission sump modified with sump plug and temp sender (transmission temp gauge in car). – it’s the original gearbox but shifts are good, no issues – the car has been modified to run as 2 wheel drive by simply removing the front diff and drive shafts – easily put back to 4WD if you want –

Engine – good solid no rattles or knocks, has had regular oil and filter changes, performance cone air filter, a pair of neat back-fire release valves (only one minor backfire in the last 2 years) – change the plugs every year (cheap ones!) with the correct plug gaps and never have a problem. The LPG system is fully functional and optimised, I fitted a new vaporiser about 2 years ago.

Interior – everything works as it should, the stereo is a good after-market one with CD and IPod inputs, there are 3 aux gauges in a pod in the middle of the dash – Trans oil temp, air-fuel mixture and inlet vacuum. I have upgraded the seats with north face ones; there is also a rear DVD screen and player in the roof (for the kids). Carpets could do with a clean…..

Exterior – It has a bull bar with 8” spot lights, upgraded headlights, the wheels are powder coated black and look the business (done in June), all the tyres are good
The car comes (if you want it) with a good quality top box that has custom made rails that fit onto the roof rails.

img000052010022112392.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

just an update before she goes on ebay/autotrader :-

She passed the MOT today, no advisors, she has tax until the end of November.

I forgot to state she has a new Stainless Steel exhaust fitted in July.

anybody interested call me on 07786028999

cheers

Jim

sounds like a good buy for someone if i had the money i would have her.

Explorer Sold

My faithful Explorer was sold this weekend to (hopefully) a good home.

So I'll look in on the forum from time to time but my new home being the Jeep club forum.

My new truck is a 2007 Jeep Commander with a 5.7Litre V8. I had a Prins LPG system fitted last week which works well.

All the best

Jim

Back