ExplorerDMB

Moderator/Technician
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Acura TL
Well, as many of you all know - there are a lot of fake Saleens out there. Now what makes it worse, is when the owner thinks it's real (which includes this owner). I saw a mustang from the rear that looked lower than usual and I said "no way...." and then when I got closer in the parking lot to it, I was amazed. Then, I took the full look and started to question it and thought possibly it was an "e-bay special". I can get a picture of it probably soon, but this is what was wrong with it:

First off, no production number on the front bumper. I gave the mustang benefit of the doubt, and thought "well maybe it had some front end damage and they just bought another bumper" -- not the case. Then I saw the windshield and notice no "saleen" sticker. Then I looked inside, no SALEEN written on the gauges or seats and I believe SALEENs have custom steering wheels too - but that looked stock mustang. Now the emblems, looked like they were pasted on. It was rediculous. I also noticed that the brake calipers said COBRA - not SALEEN! It was still cool looking - but not a true SALEEN!

-Drew

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, the body kit color doesnt match the rest of the car..... that right there would have me to believe its real. :p

Not saying your conclusion is incorrect - but be aware Saleen has turned into complete ******. Saleen now has many levels of post production vehicle "enhancements", including basic body only kits. Ford dealers can order them direct from Saleen and they come with the documentation. I've actually seen 6cyl's come through the lot - and as a mustang owner and enthusiast it makes me ill.

I saw two saleen mustangs this weekend, a yellow and a red one.

99% of them come from the factory with a "Saleen" windshield banner. If there are no badges, it aint real. I've seen a few fake Z06s....

BeauJ said:
99% of them come from the factory with a "Saleen" windshield banner. If there are no badges, it aint real. I've seen a few fake Z06s....
But we all know your an Idiot and a ****** bag ;)

I found out today that the owners brother did the work on it. He could of done better work!

-Drew

ExplorerDMB said:
I found out today that the owners brother did the work on it. He could of done better work!

-Drew

yea, I just stared at it for a few minutes and something just doesn't look right. The body kit lines and wheels just look weird.

beau and spindle quit flaming each otehr gotta keep the site clean ;)

FLAMING? Beau is my cousin, we been fueding sence he was born, is a family thing, besides he always starts this crap:)

.......and......fight! haha - just kidding.

-Drew

spindlecone said:
FLAMING? Beau is my cousin, we been fueding sence he was born, is a family thing, besides he always starts this crap:)

oh.. well see thats differnt then, but to someone who didnt know, might think that you guys were on each other... the otehr truck site i belong to probably would have seen that and both of you would have gotten banned for flaming.....

jimabena74 said:
oh.. well see thats differnt then, but to someone who didnt know, might think that you guys were on each other... the otehr truck site i belong to probably would have seen that and both of you would have gotten banned for flaming.....

Communist sight huh?

Premier said:
Communist sight huh?

haha, Jim, I get along with all of the mods (except crank occasionally :p ) and talk to section WAY more than I'd like to admit :( . They know the guys who usually crack jokes and you've been here long enough to realize it....even though they made you change your avatar :(

On the windshield banner thing, you think he'd spend the 12 bucks to make it a little more believable.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no their site isnt that bad, they just have a lot mroe jerks over there....

i havent been banned from that site yet, but have been warned once.... and i have been banned a few times from this site, and threatened several otehr times.....

jsut watching out for you guys... you and spindle post some pretty interesting stuff now and then ;)

Back