FAKRWEE Navajo 44 swap | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FAKRWEE Navajo 44 swap

My new front end got in today. It's a custom Dynatrac 44 front axle assembly.

List of goodies include:
Reverse cut housing upgrade
Warn premium manual locking hub set
30 spline 3/4 ton alloy steel axles
Upgraded Disc brake Ass. 5.5.5
Ford coil spring bracketry
5:13 gears-reverse cut
ARB 3.92+ ver.
1310 dana 44 u-bolt style yoke
Heavy duty ends package
Heavy duty steel dif. cover
High clearance steering package
Width= 62 in.

I saved my pennies for quite awhile to be able to afford it but she's a beauty. I almost feel like not installing it.

I hope the pictures come out my battery started going dead.

The installer is fourxDr. in Burbank and Winter's designing the radius arms. We know they will be wristed but will not have pin's like bc broncos. I'll include pictures as we go along. Today they took apart the front end. I'm hoping the job will take about a month.:bounce:

Attachments

• left side 1.jpg
    left side 1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,989

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bracket:

Attachments

• front under bracket 2.jpg
    front under bracket 2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 431

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Side view:

Attachments

• side view bracket  side 1.jpg
    side view bracket side 1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 434

Rear view:

Attachments

• rear side view bracket 2.jpg
    rear side view bracket 2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 425

Driver bracket:

Attachments

• top driver bracket.jpg
    top driver bracket.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 411

Driver top view:

Attachments

• top driver bracket 2.jpg
    top driver bracket 2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 417

The Navajo is in good company. The rig next to it belongs to the people from Four Wheel Drive magazine. It's thier project heap. I hope the Navajo practices safe off-roading and doesn't catch anything :D They might be interested in doing an article on the Navajo.

Attachments

• project jeep.jpg
    project jeep.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 616

And last but not least this picture shows what happens when you have the last cold ones on the trail. The big burly guy in the back is the HAMMER. A lot of the things he can do to cars are attributed to bear attacks.:D

Attachments

• stuck.jpg
    stuck.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 608

Hey Tom, I like the 589 rim's better! Find out how long of a wait to get all 589's.

Both are pretty sweet, i have the 589's on mine, but i guess it just depends on how long you have to wait, if you have a little while to wait on your truck then get what you originally wanted!

Awesome progress man, you're going to have a really sweet setup, congrats!

Happy trails!!

I like the 589's too!

Yea. I like the 589's too. Latest lead time I got is Aug. 31st. Looks like no one has them in stock. I'll keep looking till the end.:(

Tom,
I like the 143's, for 3 reasons.
1) They look good
2) They are not on every stinkin truck out there. Dare to be different.
3) The most important thing is they are nearly giving them away to you.

Just my two cents

Hammer The Big Bear :)

Well it looks like I'm keeping the 143's. Lead time for the 589's is still out there, and like Big Bear Hammer say's I got them cheap. They're starting to look better every day. Besides with some rock modifications they'll look just right.

Hey Hammer any chance of you and the Missus taking off a week and joining us at Rubicon:D

Called the shop yesterday for a progress report. They cycled the suspension with the radius arms mounted and had problems. It seems the suspension is binding and they can't get full droop. I'll be going there on Monday to see what's going on. :(

Sweet !

Tom -

Your rig looks awesome!! So, can I walk into Dynatrac and 4x4Doctor and say "I want the Rios mod. . ."

Awesome. . . (wipes drool away)

Paul
'91 Sport

What's the latest Tom?

Tom,
Trisha and I would love to go to Rubicom. However she is now 6 months pregnant and her insurance does not cover maternity. So we have been putting all of our cash into that. Further more the market sucks so bad and my business is horrible right now. Maybe next year the three of us will make it!
Hope to see you soon!
By the way when the Fakrwee going to do the AZ run again?

Thanks Paul But if you ask for the Rios mod they'll probably shoot you on site.:D It hasn't been easy.

Hey Rick, things are going pretty slow right now. 4xDr. is short his main mechanic. The problem we're having now is binding at the radius arm axle bracket were the two johnny joints are. Mike has to take them apart and install different bushings to unbind the axle. But since he's short a mechanic he's not working full time on the navajo. :rolleyes: After we finish the suspension then we try out the Ram assist steering. Hopefully that'll go smoth Right now I'd be happy if I can get my rig back in a month.

Hammer it is with a heavy heart that I have to say the Fakrwee Rubicon trip has been cancelled due to circumstances beyond my control.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

But on the bright side I may visit you and Rick sooner than expected.:D I have to get out and do some rockcrawling before I end up either on a tower in some University or in some post office:shoot: I still have the week of August 26 thru 31st open. So who knows the chief may pay you a visit.;)

Attachments

• side view bracket  side 1.jpg
    side view bracket side 1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 442

Better view.

Attachments

• top driver bracket.jpg
    top driver bracket.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 459

Kind of late, but I like the newer rims way better. Awesome looking setup all around. Looking forward to seeing some pics of the suspension in action.
later

Back