Fall Colors Run | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fall Colors Run

sheesh what a bunch of sissies lol Joking!!!

Until I get a feel for my truck again and the experience of offroad again (haven't been for a LONG time) I will be heading for the easy stuff.... I don't have a roll cage in yet and my mine, and my kids safety comes first and foremost.... I don't mind banging up the Ex a bit but I also am not interested in breaking anything either.... I'm behind you all the way Jeff..... I understand that those more experienced can get rather bored, but if you take the time and teach those less experienced what you have learned....it just may be more interesting ....also....I miss the humor factor that we used to have here in the club..... lots of us less experienced can really get into some "whoops" situations that are pretty damn funny...

Karol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm still all for hitting raush (German for "rock"?) creek soon. I think it was a good idea to PP it. Am about to leave in 5 minutes to do some local wheelin' in Clarion, PA instead. :)

As for my style, I like to push the limits of what my truck and I can do, but it's also my *only* vehicle, and if I do something stupid to it :roll: , then I'm riding the bus to work:p So, until I have a second car/truck and I own more of the thing than Visa does, I will not be flogging the horse crap out of it. Basically, my point is I'm just up for having a good time, but I won't hold anyone back from doing trails that make their truck look like it lost at the demo derby. And now, an afro smile just cuz it's cool :afro:

*Spas posting as Doug and drunk off her ass, too*

Can't we all just get a along!?!?!?!

I don't wanna lose any of you guys....what happened to all the fun we used to have together??????

*Wishes the guys wouldn't let her near a computer after a few shooters* lol

I've been thinking about the weird situation that we're all in as club members AND friends right now, gang- and trying to think of a way to get back to the fun we used to have so we can forget about this silly bickering over stupid things and just be us again.

Since everyone's strapped for cash and having problems, yet we all want to try out Rausch Creek since it's intriguingly new to us: How about a winter run, say....late December?

That gives everyone time to get their problems sorted out and to plan ahead like we used to do instead of this last minute, run-every-other-week stuff. Maybe a weekend that coincides with college's Christmas break so those attending school can come too? If we're lucky we'll even get a little bit of snow by then.....maybe even a day to go skiing or snowtubing?

In the meantime we have a Mahwah run to hold over those in north Jersey on the second weekend in November.

What do you guys think?

As I said before, everyone who wants to try Rausch Creek please let me know what dates are good for you, and I will co-ordinate it. As far as I know, most of my weekends are open for the next couple of months.

I"m game for a winter run. Just gotta make sure someone with a winch is along :D *thinking of Doug in a certain creek:D*

Originally posted by JDraper

I"m game for a winter run. Just gotta make sure someone with a winch is along :D *thinking of Doug in a certain creek:D*

Im good for a winter run and i second that.

Damn creek ate my leaf spring!! :D well this year i have some real tires so hopefull we wont have a repeat of that.

That creek ate my frame as well, and I made it up on my first try.

To be honest, if I had it my way I would have kept those 33x10.5s since they did so damn well in the snow, I doubt my 35x12.5s will do as well.

Originally posted by BenS
Bah, Hi Lifts are winches too :p

We ended up using a come-along to get Doug out. Ol' Shackle Whacker was a mite stuck :D. Matt tried to pull him out, but just ended up bending his frame. The ground was iced over to the point that walking was difficult in places. I carry a Hi-Lift and a come-along with me. One of these days I'll get around to putting a winch on.....

Man, that was a fun day. Jeff, you must have gone though a 1/3 of your clutch in that stream. I still remember that smell. Oh how I miss those winter runs. Actually, I remember I couldn't wait for the weather to get warm to make runs again and now I'm jobless and can't do any wheeling in this beautiful weather. I should have coincided my lack of employement with piss poor weather so I wouldn't feel like I was missing anything.

Originally posted by DasFrem
Man, that was a fun day. Jeff, you must have gone though a 1/3 of your clutch in that stream.......

THAT was the reason I re-geared my xfer case right after that!!! No more burning clutches for me :D. Notice the last time when we did Rattler, I didn't smoke it at all. Worth every penny to do the re-gear.

Originally posted by Doug
Damn creek ate my leaf spring!! ....

And we have proof :D! :p

4156namity4.jpg

4156namity5.jpg

It was pretty freakin cold out there, wasn't it? The Farmer's almanac says we're supposed to get a mess of snow this year too.

Matt, do you think your old 33's did better all around than the 35's? Enquiring minds who might be gettin a lot more into 4wheelin soon want to know :D Did you ever get your frame fixed from yanking everyone out of spare tire? We miss the hell outta you on runs now :(

So everyone's up for a December run? I imagine we'll all have cabin fever and be sick of hunting down Christmas presents by then... What weekend is good for everybody?

Frame was never fixed, but its not an important part of the frame so I don't care. As per the tire reference, yeah, the 33s did better in the snow only because they were so narrow. Narrow tires do much better in the snow that big ole' fat ones.

I think I'll be up for a Dec run

just gotta know the dates and stuff a good amount of time ahead..

Karol

damn, I want to play trucks with you people,, I'm the only person I know that can go off-road. Dont realy know any trails around here,, Mostly go off roading in Maryland near Ft. Meade/Odenton/Severn.. It's kind of far , but I just moved to york, And I'm not really trying to "explorer" on some farmers corn field

you live in york??

well it isn't that far from Hazleton....I travel from Lower Bucks County to get there ...it's only about an hour of travel time...

Karol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back