• Register Today It's free!

Fan Blower Motor/ Help Please

GregMaynard

Reaction score
City, State
Jefferson City, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Ford Explorer
I have a 2009 Ford Explorer sport edition I'm going to change the fan blower motor for the AC. Everything I can find online shows it on the passenger side but the ONLY place I can seem to find what I'm 99% sure is it is on the driver side right behind the steering wheel. Can someone please let me know if I am correct? Also, how hard will it be to change out? I am by no means a mechanic and don't wanna mess anything up. Any info would be much appreciated!!

on my 2010 xlt it is behind the glove box. (by sport edition to you mean sport trac the one with the truck bed?)

if your car has the 4 position switch (non digital) controls then it should be behind the glove box

check this thread out http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=407068

edit my bad thought you where talking about the resistor for the motor. on the 4 gen explorer the motor is on the passenger side foot well. i don't know the location on the sport trac (i don't think its different but it could be) but if you look up in the the passenger foot well you will see it if it is there. on removing it there is and electrical connector and 4 screws if it is the same as mine.

Back