MattVol

Reaction score
City, State
Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 XLT Explorer
Ordered 5-9
Picked up 6-9

Reading other people's experience with ordering, I almost feel guilty. I don't know what I did to get it so quickly, but needless to say I was very surprised and more than a little excited!

Sterling Grey
XLT
Charcoal Black interior

Will post pics soon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lucky you. Sounds like the Sun , Moon and Stars were all aligned for you. You must have placed your order just as your dealers allocation and order pick up sweep by Ford was done, so your order was picked up just as the order was placed into the system. Most of us have had to wait 12 weeks from order for delivery. Enjoy your EX .

AMAZING!!!!!!! I'm into week 12 on my order and still no word on a delivery date.

I'm going on week 12 and nothing, not a clue when its coming. It will be just like buying a 1 year old new car in a few weeks, so we'll get screwed twice once for driving it home and once for being an '11 instead of a '12.

Eslund

Finally getting around to posting a pic. Excuse the fogginess, don't know why the camera did that.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm going on week 12 and nothing, not a clue when its coming. It will be just like buying a 1 year old new car in a few weeks, so we'll get screwed twice once for driving it home and once for being an '11 instead of a '12.

Eslund

You should absolutely cancel and wait for a 12 at this point. No question I would do that after what I've been through on the 11. I wouldn't even have to think about it.

Finally getting around to posting a pic. Excuse the fogginess, don't know why the camera did that.

That isn't fogginess, it is a heavenly glow that shall forever surround your new baby!

Sharp looking vehicle, that is the color my wife wants when we get around to buying hers.

Very sweet! I ordered an XLT in the same color and am supposed to get it next week. that would put me at 5 weeks, so I can relate to the guilty feelings.

You should absolutely cancel and wait for a 12 at this point. No question I would do that after what I've been through on the 11. I wouldn't even have to think about it.

Have there been MFT changes for the '12's, or is it the the same system that we have now?

Don't know, but I assume they will adress the A pillar, streaky windows, torque steer, valance, rain noise, etc. All annoying and seem easy to address with new build.

If they keep putting out absolute crap MFT, Mr. mulaly should prep his resume. He won't be working at Ford.

Don't know, but I assume they will adress the A pillar, streaky windows, torque steer, valance, rain noise, etc. All annoying and seem easy to address with new build.

If they keep putting out absolute crap MFT, Mr. mulaly should prep his resume. He won't be working at Ford.

I am very interested in the 2012 Explorer. I was considering the XLT so I could have a manual heating/AC control. Then the MFT would only control the Music/enertainment. Does that sound reasonable?

Loganfilm, I would guess you are correct on the Rain noise etc, so if I avoid buying the NAV and only have MFT for music would you by the car?

I am very interested in the 2012 Explorer. I was considering the XLT so I could have a manual heating/AC control. Then the MFT would only control the Music/enertainment. Does that sound reasonable?

I have an XLT, and wasn't aware that Limiteds didn't have manual climate controls. Is that so? I'd hate to have to rely on MFT for simple climate adjustments.

Until I see otherwise with my own eyes.... I would want to somehow get a fully loaded Limited with all options EXCEPT MFT. I would order it stripped of MFT and put a Pioneer head unit in it.

Since you can't do that with the configurations offered... Your call?

I love the car itself, in spite of the annoyances in the first year build. I HATE the MFT and NAV and I'm exactly who it was designed for. I love tech. I love gadgets. I'm an early adopter of most things.

The current setup is junk.

Cross your fingers that the magic update coming in July is just that: magic.

Short of that.. Get something else.

That isn't fogginess, it is a heavenly glow that shall forever surround your new baby!

Sharp looking vehicle, that is the color my wife wants when we get around to buying hers.

God I love you for this so much right now!

LOL, I do what I can! :D

Back