Fate of the Jurassic Park Explorers | Page 3 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Fate of the Jurassic Park Explorers

zukman

"Home of Misfit Crawlers"
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
arcadia calif.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91EB, '86Sami, '85Ranger
Are you?? cool check this out!!
P1010018_1-1.jpg

Also check out the JPmobile aka Stic-o's truck!

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

deamon3

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie Bauer
I think I have figured out the fate of the explorers that were used in the movie itself.

The number 5 car (the one that doesn't get smushed by the t-rex) still exists in outside the ride , still decent looking. You can tell it's the original due to the non tinted rear glass and impossible to duplicate plexi glass roof.
jurassicparkjeep1.jpg

The original number 4 is (belive it or not) on the ride itself. The car was crushed in the movie , but it looks like they replaced the roof with a solid one to maintain the car shape for the ride. You can see the extra poles holding the "newer" roof up. Seems it was also cut in half. The front bumper has also rusted with age. The steering wheel is also bent EXACTLY like it was in the movie after the t-rex crushed it.

395661852cdagfifs1.jpg

From another angle you can see the original custom dash , and barely see the black interior air vent which confirms it's a 92 or older.

b392988251.jpg

Shame , that dash and seats is totally custom , I would have spared them for a clone rather then let em get worse. Every single other one I have seen on the internet appears to be a remake or clone.

<

deamon3

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie Bauer
It also just occured to me , they probably used the other half of number 4 for the part where it falls off the cliff on the ride , lol.

<

boggs1227

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Flowery Branch , Georgia, 1994 sport 2wd auto
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 colorado 2wd 5spd
.... dibs on the front grill guard :shifty_ey

i wonder how long this truck would last in a pic-your-part type junk yard ,
i bet one day,then someone would buy it and try to rebuild it :D

<

deamon3

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie Bauer
You can have that grille gaurd I want the dash and seats , and the wood interior door handles

<

BrianDye

I'll have another...
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 XLT
that makes me sad
knowing those b.a. explorers are just rotting away :((

i wanna watch the movie now just in the memory of those ex'es

<

privetryan89

Reaction score
City, State
Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT 4.0 SOHC
when i saw these truck when i was on the ride, the first thing that came to mind was that, "I want that brush guard and how can i get it out of the park. I can make it fit my truck." lol

<

kylezandrowicz

Reaction score
City, State
Concord, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Explorer XLT
I Will get pictures

AND does anyone have any pictures/movie shots of these vehicles (Explorers)????
I will be taking pictures from the movie as soon as my DVD comes in. That tour vehicle is a 93 ford explorer xlt right? I am going to try to paint one just like that in the movie. I want the bubble too.

JP1_explorers.jpg

IconJPVehicle1a.jpg

jurassic%20park.jpg

mkimExplorer2.jpg

mkimExplorer5.jpg

mkimExplorer9.jpg

0630_11.GIF

<

TheJackal

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Mandeville, LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer XL 2WD
Old thread! Funny, since I was at Universal at the end of September and felt compelled to take a pic of this:

IMG_4234.jpg

It's now sitting with some other JP vehicles, just before you hit the flash flood potion of the tram tour

I'm ashamed to admit, that the very first thing that ran through my mind when I saw it was.....

PARTS!!!!

:D

PS - The Jurassic ride still boasts the other Ex 'falling' off the cliff

Yes! I saw both of those when me and the folks went to Los Angeles in February. :D

Perhaps the funniest thing of it all was when I saw it, I thought "I wonder what everybody on ExplorerForum would think of this?" ;)

There was a box Vic in there, too.

<

kylezandrowicz

Reaction score
City, State
Concord, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Explorer XLT
How?

How can I put up pictures? I have a few good shots from the movie and can't find out how to post them.

<

<

<

mattbreaksthings

Reaction score
City, State
Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
I have ALWAYS wanted to build a jpx! ever since I first saw that movie when i was a little kid. maybe thats what got me hooked on explorers :p
I will start next year if I find a good 1st gen 4x4 even though the original was a 4x2. I know some guys in the airplane canopy/windshield business that can possibly manufacture me a top :D
If I could get him to make me a few... anyone also willing to buy one?
even if its not going on a jpx i think it would still be kickass

so anyone selling a good 1st gen 4x4 for cheap?

<

kylezandrowicz

Reaction score
City, State
Concord, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Explorer XLT
So.......What is it?

I have heard from many sources that the explorer in the movie is a '93 For Explorer XLT. Is this true? I'm going to build this and I need to know the exact everything of this vehicle. Thanks

<

mattbreaksthings

Reaction score
City, State
Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
I have heard from many sources that the explorer in the movie is a '93 For Explorer XLT. Is this true? I'm going to build this and I need to know the exact everything of this vehicle. Thanks

you and me both are going to build one lol
its a 93 XLT 4x2
most everything should be kinda "see and build"

<

deamon3

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie Bauer
Incorrect it's a 92 model not 93.

<

techieman33

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Topeka, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 V8 Mountaineer
The movie was released in June of 93 so they were 91's or 92's. It was made to early for the 93's to have been available. It's not like it really matters though as there are just a few minor differences that no one would even notice unless they were an explorer nut. People think that Stic-o's was in the movie and it's not even the right generation. Doesn't have the bubble top, etc.

<

mattbreaksthings

Reaction score
City, State
Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
Incorrect it's a 92 model not 93.
oh no no no..
Incorrect it's a 93 model not 92.
:)

I have proof.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107290/trivia

"To give the 1993 Ford Explorer XLTs the appearance that they were driverless and were running on an electric track, the..."

http://www.johnspangler.com/models/jurassicford/jurassicford.html

"1993 Jurassic Park Ford Explorer"

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_79165-Ford-Explorer-1993.html

"In that case this would have to be a 1993 Ford Explorer XLT"

http://www.zercustoms.com/news/2008-Ford-Explorer.html

"1993 Explorer Limited introduced; Explorer appears in movie “ Jurassic Park “"

http://www.culttvman.com/marc_kimball_s_jurassic_park_v.html

"recently completed the standard 1993 two-door Ford Explorer model"

http://imcdb.org/vehicle.php?id=3105&l=en&PHPSESSID=a8aed0316a24bd1b86317dfa54c36902

"1993 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... running boards were only availible on XLT and Eddie Bauer models"

<

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

cyrix9445

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Explorer XLT
They are '92 for sure, the JP explorers have the 91-92 steering wheel and black airvents of the 91-92's. The running boards are aftermarket. The explorers in the movie are most definitely NOT limited. And yes, if you look up the filming dates the 93's wouldn't have been out yet. The wranglers in the movie are also 92's (I ran the vin and confirmed)

<