• Register Today It's free!

Fault codes for 2003 explorer

Walleyebob2010

Reaction score
City, State
Canton, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLS
Got a 2003 explorer XLS w 4.0L v6 4 wheel drive 104,000 miles. ABS light came on and stays on, lost my cruise control, overdrive kicked off a couple times going down the highway, and shifts funny or slips sometimes going about 55-60 on the highway. I had the comp.scanned today and got two codes- P0735 Gear 5 incorrect ratio, C1440 Pressure Transducer main/Primary signal faulted. Could this have anything to do with the vss or a loose connection or can it be something entirly different. Please help if possible. Thank you.

for the C1440 code thats the master cylinder switch for the cruise and ABS. Sits on top with two wires coming out. P0735???

we were having similar trouble a few months ago with our 02 XLT. We had the same error code for our trans and the issue turned out to be the shift solenoid B. My trans which is a 5pd auto does not have individual solenoids...as napa had me believe and purchase. You have to purchase a solenoid pack. Fairly easy repair once you know what you are looking for. Check the Transmission or sticky threads for more info....you will find a lot. Good luck! By the way...we purchased our solenoid pack on ebay for about 75

Back